Complaint Review: Sports Club LA

• Submitted: Sat, September 01, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, September 01, 2007

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Sports Club LA
9601 Wilshire Blvd Beverly Hills, California U.S.A.

Sports Club LA Subsequent to quitting, they continue to take money from my debit card Beverly Hills California

After quitting in person, they had stopped billing me for a time (about 3 months). This allows the individual to think the billing is over. NOT SO!

The fourth month billing commenced again, and this had gone unnoticed until the bank card expired. They then had the audacity to ask for a new expiration date. When I explained that I had quit and they had stopped billing, and were required by law to return my moneys, they refused and sent me a notice from their attorneys indicating that I was barred from their clubs for life. Further, if I tried to pursue my legal remedies, I would be countersued for malicious prosecution.

They are a huge company, and not afraid to rip off anyone they can, they do NOT provide the services in their orifginal contract, and I am out well over 4,000 dollars.

Jimsface
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2007 12:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sports-Club-LA/Beverly-Hills-California-90210/Sports-Club-LA-Subsequent-to-quitting-they-continue-to-take-money-from-my-debit-card-Beve-271743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sports Club LA