Complaint Review: Sports55

• Updated: Tue, October 23, 2012

• Reported By: Super7CK — Crofton Maryland United States of America
Sports55
160 Ritchie Highway Suite 6B Severna Park, Maryland United States of America

Sports55 Holding $700 of my softball teams money hostage. Severna Park, Maryland

*Author of original report: Issue Resolved: Hats Received

My softball team ordered custom hats on 3/21/12.  Sports55 charged us the full amount $684.00 on 3/22/12.  Hats were supposed to take 6-8 weeks for delivery.  Week 10 I emailed Sports55 for an update.  Was told they talked to the hat company and it would be 3 more weeks.  After three more weeks, contacted Sports55 again for an update.  Was told that Sports55 contacted the hat company again and were told the hats would be done any day.

Finally decided to email the hat company directly.  Was told by the hat company that Sports55 did not place our hat order until 6/12/12;  coincidentally the same day I emailed them originally asking them for a status.  Hat company told me that my hats would not be done until 9/14/12 when my softball season would be over.  Emailed Sports55 and demanded a refund.

Was told by Sports55 on 7/25/12 that the refund process was in place and it would take 7 to 21 business days.  It is now business day 30 something and we have still not received our refund.  Registered a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  Have emailed Sports55 multiple times requesting a status and always get the same answer;  "our accounting department is located offsite.  We'll email them to try and get you a status."  Never hear a word.  Sports55 are ripoff artists.  They'll take your money in 30 seconds but will not give it back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sports55/Severna-Park-Maryland-21146/Sports55-Holding-700-of-my-softball-teams-money-hostage-Severna-Park-Maryland-939263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sports55

Issue Resolved: Hats Received

AUTHOR: Super7CK - (United States of America)

Update to the complaint below.  The hats were received and completed.  We were able to wear them for our world tournament and will be able to use them next year.  Sports55 also gave us $250 in store credit to be used on a future order.