Complaint Review: Spotmau Corporation

• Updated: Mon, February 09, 2009

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
Spotmau Corporation
spotmau.com Internet U.S.A.

Spotmau, Spotmau Corporation Software doesn't work, damages system files Internet

I purchased software from this company to transfer my Windows XP software and programs to a new, larger hard drive. The software was difficult to use and poorly documented. I have since found many others have had trouble with the software.

The web site has a constantly changing "special sale" with 50% off. The sale expires the day after you log on to the site, no matter when you visit the site.

When I ran the software, it worked away all night, apparently making a clone of my c: drive to my new hard drive. The next morning, I could not start windows on my c: drive, and the new drive was unreadable.

I sent a message to their technical support desk, but got only an automated reply. I am now seeking a refund, but have little hope of getting it.

I should have done more research. See other complaints about this company at CNET under "Spotmau Power Suite". Buyer beware!

Bill
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2009 09:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spotmau-Corporation/internet/Spotmau-Spotmau-Corporation-Software-doesnt-work-damages-system-files-Internet-421891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spotmau Corporation