Complaint Review: Spotmau

• Submitted: Sat, January 01, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, February 18, 2013

• Reported By: Discouraged — Keysville Virginia United States of America
Spotmau

Spotmau Affilliated with: RegNow, Sold download software, gave computer virus, offered refund, gave new download site instead, several e-mails, no satisfaction, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Spotmau Customer Service Responds

On 8/28/2010 I bought a software package not knowing that the two companies where affiliated with each other. Software for RegNow which I paid $54.70 for, called Power Suite 2010. After the download my AVG Anti-virus program told me a virus was on my computer naming the source as spotmau.

My computer had all kinds of problems which I'm still trying to fix. I reported the problem to Spotmau and the first thing they offered was a new download site. I didn't want to risk another contamination so I contacted them again and they still offered the new download site several times. Finally they said they would be glad to give me a refund, but instead offered the download again. I contacted PayPay to enter a dispute and again a download was offered by spotmauand PayPal did nothing.

Its New Years Day and I'm tired of this run around. There is a 90 day money back Guarantee with this product. Ha! Ha!

I think I should be compensated for all the expense and trouble I'm having. Hewlette-Packard can only fix so much, but they charge for some things, especially if they have to re-install the operating system (Windows 7).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2011 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spotmau/internet/Spotmau-Affilliated-with-RegNow-Sold-download-software-gave-computer-virus-offered-ref-677608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spotmau

Spotmau Customer Service Responds

AUTHOR: Teresa - (United States of America)

Spotmau does care customer case and try best to support. We promise that all software are 100% secure.

There are update version of Power Suite, If you are kind to provide your ticket# that sent to us, we will contact and respond with update solution.