Complaint Review: Spotsylvania Animal Hospital

• Submitted: Mon, September 09, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, September 09, 2002

• Reported By:Spotsylvania VA
Spotsylvania Animal Hospital
9133 Courthouse Road Spotsylvania, Virginia U.S.A.

Spotsylvania Animal Hospital is a ripoff; unauthorized services & charges. Spotsylvania, Virginia

Went to vet on rabies clinic day. Cost is $10 per cat. Both my cats were given their full array of shots/vaccinations. I did not authorize this, only wanted rabies shots.

Was so shocked when they told me $212. I wrote a check, got home and asked them not to deposit it, I was disputing the charges.

They told me they would not have given my cats the shots without my approval and without the vet talking with me. I never saw the vet. Even my roommate was with me, so she is a witness that we talked to no one. They called me a liar.

I told them to put the $20 on my credit card. They charged me the full amount. I am disputing this charge as we speak. They "banned" me from their office and told me the only way they would correspond with me was through certified mail.

They sent me a letter saying "all charges have been reversed". I told them I did not see a reversal on my credit card. They explained that only meant that it was reversed in their computer only - like that is going to do me any good.

Upon talking with a neighbor one day she proceeded to tell me about her vet giving her cat all these shots and it almost killed the cat!! Lo and behold, it was the same vet.

I have never seen the vet there and don't even know who the woman is. I am very upset with this animal hospital. They were rude, unkind, name calling illiterates. I will never do business with them again.

I am also sending a letter to any Vet Assn. I can find so they know what kind of business this company is doing.

Gloria
Spotsylvania, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2002 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spotsylvania-Animal-Hospital/Spotsylvania-Virginia-22553/Spotsylvania-Animal-Hospital-is-a-ripoff-unauthorized-services-charges-Spotsylvania-29545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spotsylvania Animal Hospital