Complaint Review: Sprechman & Associates PA

• Submitted: Fri, April 13, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, April 13, 2007

• Reported By:Tallahassee Florida
Sprechman & Associates PA
2775 Sunny Isles Blvd Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Sprechman & Associates PA ripoff Trying to collect on 1099c issues by Capital One Miami Florida

In September of last year I was contacted by this law firm concerning a Capital One account I had. At that time I informed the lead lawyer that I had a 1099c from Capital One issued to me in January of 2004 which barred them from attempting to collect on the debt. I also sent him copies of the two other 1099c's that I had received from Capital One on my other accounts. Today I received a letter demanding that I pay $1,800.00. I politly informed him that I would not be paying and that he could take what ever legal action he saw fit. I also, sent him a pre-demand letter in the sum of $5,000.00 and gave him 5 days to respond.(this is the amount that I would be counter sueing for should we go to court. Capital One must think that they are above the law and that all consumers are idiots. Also, while searching for this law firms web site I found this link which can come in handy for the consumer concerning Debt Collection Agencies and Attorneys:
(((ROR REDACTED LINK FOR SECURITY PURPOSES)))

Jack
Tallahassee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2007 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprechman-Associates-PA/Miami-Florida-33160/Sprechman-Associates-PA-ripoff-Trying-to-collect-on-1099c-issues-by-Capital-One-Miami-Fl-243824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprechman & Associates PA