Complaint Review: Springs Transmission & Automotive Service

• Updated: Mon, August 29, 2011

• Reported By: Banafshe'' — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
Springs Transmission & Automotive Service
3310 Chelton Loop North Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

Springs Transmission & Automotive Service "Free Estimate" not free at all!! Colorado Springs, Colorado

Saw an ad on TV for Free Estimate on Transmission repair, called the number, Greg told me that I had to leave my car for two hours in order to get the free estimate.  Rec'd a call from "Bill" approx 2 hours later stating that my "issues" with my transmission cannot be estimated, as they cannot "see inside the transmission" to see what's wrong with it, and that I would have to pay $150.00 to get my "free" estimate... and that furthermore, if they did end up opening up my transmission, and found that something was broken, that my vehicle would sit in the parking lot, unrepaired until I paid them more money.  When I explained to Bill that I was not prepared for my vehicle to be taken apart, but that I would make arrangements for another time, he very rudely slammed the phone down in my ear.  Promptly went to pick up my vehilce from the shop, and let Greg know the experience that I had with Bill.

My opinion is that this is yet another business resorting to false advertising to get the customer in the door so they can take advantage... all too familiar. After reading the other complaints about this company, I am SO glad that I didn't give them my money!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2011 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Springs-Transmission-Automotive-Service/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80909/Springs-Transmission-Automotive-Service-Free-Estimate-not-free-at-all-Colorado-Spri-770517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Springs Transmission & Automotive Service