Complaint Review: Sprint Celluar

• Updated: Mon, January 09, 2006

• Reported By:Robertsdale Alabama
Sprint Celluar
http://www.sprint.com Internet U.S.A.

Sprint Wireless PC Fair and Flexible Plan RIPOFF... they state no roaming charges.. but they do get ya Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Trish...Do you mean Sept 1/05?.....

*Consumer Suggestion: Rose, I am absolutely correct!

*UPDATE Employee: fair & flex & roaming

*Author of original report: Steve... you are not correct

*Consumer Suggestion: Sprint Fair and Flexible plan vs. roaming

I ordered a cell phone through sprint. They advertise the Fair and Flexible plan with NO Roaming. After my first UNBELIEVABLE bill arrived, I called them to tell them they charged me for roaming, and they said.. I had to buy the Fair and Flexible America plan to get no roaming charges. It does NOT state that anywhere in their advertising on the net, or on tv. I have watched and watched the tv commercials and it states no roaming with the fair and flexible plan. Thank you for letting me vent, and i hope no one else gets hooked.

Robertsdale, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2005 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Celluar/internet/Sprint-Wireless-PC-Fair-and-Flexible-Plan-RIPOFF-they-state-no-roaming-charges-but-th-167274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint Celluar

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Trish...Do you mean Sept 1/05?.....

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Sept.1/06 hasn't gotten here yet.

Rose.. Also, Sprint always verifies your RESIDENCE zip code to see that you are in a Sprint Home service area, BEFORE they process your order.

Did you use an address different than where you actually live when you placed your order?

Suggestion: Get a "single band" phone from Sprint. Then you can only make or recieve calls while in a Sprint PCS coverage area.

No more roaming charges, GUARANTEED!

Problem solved.

ps. Even the $29.99 plan offers FREE ROAMING, as I am on that plan now. Also, Sprint does not offer a $39.99 plan. The next plan is $34.99, then $55.99 on the Fair & Flexible plan.

"Free Roaming" does not mean no roaming charges ever, anywhere. Read the contract. It means that in Sprint PCS and extended networks of Sprint you will not be charged a roaming charge.

It just comes down to being able to read and communicate, and asking the right questions.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Rose, I am absolutely correct!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

With ANY plan with ANY carrier, if you ORIGINATE a call while you are outside of a carriers home area you are roaming, technically. And just because you are roaming does not mean you will incur roaming charges.

I have used SPRINT on the FAIR & FLEXIBLE plan ALL OVER the 48 states and have only been charged minimal roaming when I was on the Mexican or Canadian Borders.

You do not live in a Sprint Home Coverage Area, which I confirmed by going to the Sprint website.

That, and only that factor is your problem.

Furthermore, ALL Sprint phones are set by default to make you PRESS 1 to accept roaming.

You know you are roaming outside the Sprint area when you make the call! So what are you complaining about!

Go to another company! Be done with it.

Everything I said on my previous post is exactly as advertised on the Sprint site, and also matches my experience over the past 3+ years with Sprint.

fair & flex & roaming

AUTHOR: Trish - (Canada)

You people need to read what you're looking at. The fair & flex includes roaming as of Sept 1/06. That (obviously) means if you signed up for you fair and flex before that, you are still paying for roaming as we do not just automatically change people's plans on them as it requires a new contract to do so and you can see why we can't just change your contract without you asking us to. And roaming can occur anywhere, it does not matter if you are in North Dakota or your bathtub, it depends what tower your phone is accessing, so if you are roaming please stop phoning us to say, "but i'm at my hom..."

Steve... you are not correct

AUTHOR: Rose - (U.S.A.)

Steve. I read your response and you are not correct. Roaming is NOT Standard. That is my complaint with the plan. I understand that the Fair and Flexible Plan stops you from having overages. I think that is terrific. You have 300 minutes... you use 350.. it automatically bumps you up to the 400 minute plan instead of charging you per minute. MY COMPLAINT is... on the website, on the TV ... it states... No Roaming Charges also on the Fair and Flexible Plans... starting at $39.99 per month. This is the Plan that I signed up with. But my first bill arrived and I was charged roaming. In fact, it was charging me roaming, when I would use my phone from my own home, as it is not in their coverage area, although I told them exactly where I lived when I got the phone. When I called Sprint and told them they made an error and are charging me roaming, they stated that I do indeed have the Fair and Flexible plan, but the plan with no roaming is the AMERICA's Fair and Flexible plan. That is NOT STATED NOWHERE on their internet site, or on tv. It does not state you have to have America's Fair and Flexible plan to not be charged with roaming. That is my complaint. Go look on their website. Watch their advertisement on TV. It is false advertising. Thank you for listening.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Sprint Fair and Flexible plan vs. roaming

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I have been with Sprint a long time, and I am on the Fair and Flexible Plan. The Fair and Flexible Plan has nothing to do with roaming charges.

Free roaming is standard on all Sprint plans.

The Fair and Flexible plan protects you from costly overages when you exceed your plans package minutes. Then it is only $5 per each 50 minutes or part thereof over your plan, compared to other carriers charging approx .40 per minute over the plan minutes.

Were back to people understanding their contracts here I think. Most of the wireless company complaints on this site seem to be that of not understanding, or buying a super cheap plan that doesnt include anything.

What plan were you on???