- Report: #611787
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Sprint Cellular
Sprint CellularP.O. Box 8077 Internet United States of America
Sprint Cellular Sprint PCS Sprint Scam Ripoff Company with $69.99 unlimited call plan... Internet
*Consumer Comment: Same BS
*Consumer Comment: I amo not a "Sprint Employee"
*Author of original report: Thanx for the reply Sprint employee
*Consumer Comment: Few problems with your story?
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. received bill that was double the cost of the unlimited call plan. Was told that there were overages on the 450 anytime landline plan....HUH, WTF....
2. Called Sprint spoke to rep on the phone reviewed bill and rep could not explain which calls on bill are billed as land line calls, asked what billing code would be seen on the bill to indicate a land line call, could not receive an explanation that would make since to me the consumer who is paying the bill here. The only indication on your bill on overages isn't shown until after you are over the minutes that sprint says they have alloted for land line calls, so once you are over they notate your account with a code of OV, however before the overage the calls are listed as regular calls. So, no code to verify that you are calling land lines, however when you are over the limit then the calls are noted, make any sense to folks....So how do you track land line calls that are above and beyond people or businesses you know that are on land lines.....
3. Reviewed the call details with sprint rep, and i must say that i am amazed at what I found out...
A. Sprint charges .45 cents per minute rounded up on incoming calls from landlines, that is correct on incoming calls from landlines....What consumer here knows when they are dialing someone whether the call is a land line and or receiving a call from a land line, as a consumer you may know of family and friends who may have a landline, this you may some control you may know who is on land lines.. However random calls received from familiy, friends, business, you may not be aware that you are being billed at .45 cents per minute per call....So you pay for people calling you from landlines, crazy huh...it gets crazier...
B. Sprint charges you for calling to check your voice mail messages, whether you are aware of it, sprint charges and bills monthly minutes for checking voice mail from their voice mail system, is that not the biggest ripoff ever....I was billed over $30 for checking voice mail over a 45 day period...crazy, never heard of this, give you voice mail and charge your minutes to check it....real crooks here.....
4. I Noticed a $5.00 charge on the bill, asked them and they mentioned that there is a spending limit fee being charged on my account for 18 months, was never informed of a $5.00 fee every month for 18 months when i was told that I was approved for the account, i asked about the removal of this fee and was given an option of removing the fee, but only if automatic bill payments for the bills monthly was added to the account...Do you really think i would give the crooks the key to my bank account, if they are already robbing me with fees.....
5. The sprint rep got permission to reduce the overages by half, however stated in one breath by the way you are already over your minutes again for the current bill, mind you i am still within my first 60 days as a new sprint customer, my 60 days will be 6/17/10.....
6. Was informed that if i cancel contract that there would be a 22 month early termination fee assessed, Was offered a more expensive plan of offset the overage fees, however this $99.00 dollar per month unlimited plan still doesn't list that land line calls are not free and unlimited.
7. So the only option i have is to pay these b**tards, to either get out of the contract, plus pay the new outstanding bill in order to keep my number and to move forward without sprint....geez what a company.....
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2010 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Cellular/internet/Sprint-Cellular-Sprint-PCS-Sprint-Scam-Ripoff-Company-with-6999-unlimited-call-plan-611787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.