Complaint Review: Sprint Cellular

• Updated: Wed, August 06, 2014

• Reported By: DrDavidK — Bellingham Washington
Sprint Cellular
Nationwide USA

Sprint Cellular Deceitful Service Initiation Contract with Best Buy Bellingham WA

For many years, I've been a customer of AT&T Cellular. When my contract expired with AT&T, I spoke with a salesperson at Best Buy, who informed me that I could try Sprint with NO FINANCIAL RISK for one week.

Sprint's cell service was poor, their customer service was poor — their people were located in India and could answer almost none of my questions regarding their service since they used standard protocols only, and I could reach no one in the US for help. Therefore, I cancelled my "risk-free" service within one business week (plus 1 extra day, which was a holiday during which there was no customer service), and renewed my contract with AT&T.

Despite Sprint's (and Best Buy's) guarantee of "no financial risk," and despite's Sprint's terrible cell service and customer support service, and despite returning all of Sprint's hardware in perfect condition in the original packaging, and despite the Best Buy reassurance that their would be no charge for the "trial usage," Sprint billed me by mail for using their service.

I challenged the bill with Sprint customer service, and when I received no satisfaction, I filed a complaint with the FCC.

Even though the complaint is pending, Sprint has sent my "debt" to collections, which has added extra fees to the original "debt," and which has dropped my credit rating.

Since the Sprint representative who advised the Best Buy salesperson over the telephone during my 'purchase' guaranteed a risk-free trial, I should not have to pay for a few local standard calls, and a minor amount of data use, AND an 'initiation fee for new service."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2014 07:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Cellular/nationwide/Sprint-Cellular-Deceitful-Service-Initiation-Contract-with-Best-Buy-Bellingham-WA-1167749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint Cellular