Complaint Review: Sprint Long Distance

• Updated: Mon, June 30, 2008

• Reported By:Lake Forest California
Sprint Long Distance
www.sprint.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Sprint Long Distance International Calling Sprint charged me $4.59 PER MINUTE , over 2,000 total for calls to South America, Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: RE:

$4.59 PER MINUTE to call Nicaragua!

Sprint has been my long distance carrier for a long time, although none of my phone services are actually with them. Last month we made several call to a friend who was vacationing in Nicaragua. Not once were the calls denied or any warnings given before or after the calls went through to the effect that we did not international calling on our plan

Much to my surprise when i go online to pay my bill I see a balance due for the month of 2,390. The call break down lists each call to Nicaragua at 4.59 per minute.

When I called customer service I was told that I did not have any of their wonderful international calling plans so i was charged the "going rate"

Roger
Lake Forest, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2008 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Long-Distance/nationwide/Sprint-Long-Distance-International-Calling-Sprint-charged-me-459-PER-MINUTE-over-2000-345927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint Long Distance

RE:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Calls to many 2nd and 3rd world calls are very expensive....This isn't Sprint's fault...