Complaint Review: Sprint Nextel

• Submitted: Thu, May 08, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 12, 2008

• Reported By:Santa Clara California
Sprint Nextel
2001 Edmund Drive Reston, Virginia U.S.A.

Sprint Nextel Rip Off on last billing Reston Virginia

*Author of original report: Recieved last Sprint Billing Statement

*Author of original report: Found "Contract" / "Agreement"

I terminated my sprint cell service 04/21/08. I paid Sprint $37.83 on 04/17/08 for what I thought was service for the month of May. The chat I had with the customer Service department claims the last payment is for service between 03/04/08 and 04/03/08. They will not be
sending me a refund to my surprize. After the chat I checked my retail store "Agreement". It states plainly that I will be billed in advance for each month! The contract has long since expired and you can imagine that I never missed a payment. I would expect Sprint to send me a bill with charges due for the period between 04/03/08 and 04/21/08. I don't need to count on my
fingers to figure out there is a problem with this. Are there any accounting types out there who can explain this to me?

Watchfullron
Santa Clara, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2008 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Nextel/Reston-Virginia-20191/Sprint-Nextel-Rip-Off-on-last-billing-Reston-Virginia-331424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint Nextel

Recieved last Sprint Billing Statement

AUTHOR: Watchfullron - (U.S.A.)

The last billing does not include additional charges. I can only wonder if actively complaning has anything to do with it. The statement plainly states the Billing Period of 04/04/08 to 05/03/08 contrary to the chat. I terminated 04/21/08, but this is not mentioned on the bill. My contract and the perscribed payments are "payment is made 1 month in advance". Can anyone imagine anything more standard than payment 1 month in advance? Midway through the contract I had a lot of billing problems with Sprint for things like charging for free minutes and 411 charges I did not make. Is there anything I can do to about this latest rip-off? How blatant can Sprint be before something is done?

Found "Contract" / "Agreement"

AUTHOR: Watchfullron - (U.S.A.)

The original agreement for Sprint cell service clearly states that payments are made 1 month in advance. My Sprint "Billing & Payment" online access has been terminated. Now I can only try and get very old banking records if it comes to it. I would prefer to not pay Sprint anymore money, and will not know the final billing for a few more weeks.