Complaint Review: Sprint-Nextel

• Submitted: Tue, September 09, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 09, 2008

• Reported By:Dry Branch Georgia
6391 Sprint Parkway Nationwide U.S.A.

Sprint-Nextel will not cancel my account Overland Park Kansas

I tried to cancel my phone service with Nextel after my contract was up. I had a two-year contract that was up in June.

I got a call from a Nextel representative who wanted me to renew my contract, and I told them no. They asked me why, so I told them it's because they don't good signals. He tried to offer me deals, and I told him I didn't want to renew my contract.

I called to cancel my service with Nextel, but they refused to cancel it. They said until I pay the bill in full, they won't cancel it. I told them I'm not paying for the months when I didn't have service. My phone was disconnected and I told them I'm not renewing my contract.

The support person said that I did not officially end the contract. I told them about the person who called me and wanted me to renew, and I said no, I don't want to renew. The person told me that's not how an account is closed out, and that I have to tell them specifically that I want my account closed, and that until I do, I will have to pay for the two months they charged me, even though I didn't have service on my phone.

I told them at that time to cancel my account. What do they tell me? They can't, because I have an outstanding bill.

I told them they are forcing me to keep my account going, and they are billing me a monthly fee even though I don't even have phone service with them any more. They said they will continue billing me until I pay the entire bill, THEN they will close the account.

They now have sent me a new bill. I owe them $186.22. Guess what? I DON'T HAVE NEXTEL PHONE SERVICES!!! THE PHONE IS DISCONNECTED!!!!!

Yet, I get a monthly bill and they said they will continue to bill me and not close out my account until the bill is paid in full. So, when I'm 100 years old, how much will I owe them?

Can Nextel refuse to cancel my services and just keep billing me monthly? I asked them to send me my final bill from when I had services, and I would pay that amount, but they said no. They want me to pay for all the months, even though the service was disconnected.

I'm not doing it. I guess I will have a Nextel account for the rest of my life.

Get Verizon people. They have towers, and I'll bet they don't bill you monthly for a disconnected phone.

Dry Branch, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2008 10:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Nextel/nationwide/Sprint-Nextel-will-not-cancel-my-account-Overland-Park-Kansas-371469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint-Nextel