Complaint Review: Sprint PCS And Allied Interstate

• Submitted: Thu, July 26, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 26, 2007

• Reported By:Huntington Beach California
Sprint PCS And Allied Interstate
Sprint, 2001 Edmund Valley Drive, Reston, Virginia U.S.A.

Sprint PCS And Allied Interstate Fraudulant contract extentions ands then, COLLECTIONS Reston Virginia

I was a Sprint customer for 8 years and had 5 phones. My wife was also a customer with 4 phones. Last November, about a week apart, both of us received letters in the mail from Sprint stating that because we had made changes to our account, our contracts were being extended an additional two years. As neither of us had made changes, we called to straighten it out.

Both of us received profuse apologies as the "computer" had sent the letter in error and as a result, we could cancel our contracts at anytime. In December, my wife canceled her contract and went to another provider and has been happy since. I on the other hand have experienced the nightmare so frequently posted on this site.

I called in December to make sure that I could cancel my contract and move to my wife's new provider and was told that the early termination without early termination fees was only applicable to my number, not the other 4 on my account, but, I could cancel at any time in the last month of my contract as I, like all their other customers, pay the month up front. My last day was on Jan 14, 07 and on the 13th I went in and transfered my number to the new provider and called Sprint and canceled my account, being assured that as it was the last month of my contract, no early termination fees would be assessed.

I received an e-mail from Sprint in early Feb saying that my bill was available for viewing on the web site. I tried to log on but because I was no longer a customer I couldn't access my account statement, so I called. I was told that I had an outstanding balance of $550.00. I asked what the charges were for and was told they were early termination fees. I disputed the fees and was told that they would be waived and then but paid the overage charges for the month.

Much to my surprise I received another e-mail from Sprint in march saying my bill was available for viewing. I couldn't get on the web site again so I called. The same thing - early termination fees. I talked to a Supervisor and was promised that it would be taken care of. Never heard another thing, until two weeks ago.

I received a call from Sprint saying that I owed $636.00. I explained the entire thing to the rep again and told him that I was not going to pay it and if the called me again I was going to file a lawsuit against them. He apologized and said that it would be taken care of. I asked for written confirmation and he told me he was unable to give that to me. I said thanks, got his name, first and last initial, and hung up.

Then I received a call from Allied Interstate......

I sent them a letter, registered, telling them the same thing. I called and spoke to Nelly to confirm receipt and was told that it had been referred to a Supervisor for re-billing, whatever that means, and I should call her to find out the status. I have left three messages and never heard a word.

The whole thing is a fraudulent scam...don't give them a cc number or and information.

Huntington Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2007 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS-And-Allied-Interstate/Reston-Virginia-20191/Sprint-PCS-And-Allied-Interstate-Fraudulant-contract-extentions-ands-then-COLLECTIONS-Res-263368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS And Allied Interstate