Complaint Review: Sprint PCS & Best Buy

• Updated: Wed, July 04, 2001

• Reported By:
Sprint PCS & Best Buy
Nationwide U.S.A.

Sprint PCS Defrauds consumers, Best Buy no better ..No credits, no service.

When I purchsed my cellular phone (at full price) I was promised the area I was moving into had excellent coverage. I double checked before signing up with Sprint. When I moved, the phone showed a medium signal but would not make a connection. Sprint customer service assured me I had excellent service, the phone itself was the problem.

When I exchanged the phone at Best Buy, I was charged $35.00 activation again. The new phone was no improvement. Again I was assured the coverage was excellent & to replace the phone again. After refusing that, it was discoved the new phone was not properly activated.

Once again I was asssured I had excellent coverage. Now my cancellation period had expired, but no use of the phone. I was promised credits and excellent service. No credits, no service.

Finally I was called & told I was in a marginal area, which seems to include any area out of eyesight of a tower, but I had a contract that would cost me an additional $175.00 to cancel. Do not use Sprint or Best Buy for anything!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS-Best-Buy/nationwide/Sprint-PCS-Defrauds-consumers-Best-Buy-no-better-No-credits-no-service-5638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS & Best Buy