Complaint Review: Sprint PCS / RPM Collections

• Updated: Fri, December 31, 2004

• Reported By:Descanso California
Sprint PCS / RPM Collections
www.SprintPCS.com Internet U.S.A.

Sprint PCS / RPM Collections dishonest fraudulent billing and collection practices Internet Internet

My son and daughter-in-lae also have been ripped off by Sprint PCS and there assocate RPM Collections .

From the very beginning they had problems with the Billing and Credit .

The contract that they agreed to was for 2 phones with unlimited local calling . The firist phone was to be billed at $30 dollars a month and the second was to have free service for 3 months . The put a deposit of $300.00 .

The first billing did not have the deposet credited to the account , they were being charge minutes for local calls , and they did not get the 2nd phone free .

When they tried to clear up the accounting and Relayed to Sprint Customer service that they were disputing the Billing , Sprint was less then helpful .Sprint stated that there had been some errors but those have been corrected . Yes they did credit the deposit 2 monthes later and they credited the minutes and cleared that up , but the late fees they charged for their Errors were not credited .

Sprint also stated that my son and daughter-in-law had 2 contracts " If you have two phones you have 2 contracts" . This was being disputed , Never received the 3 free months and they were charging $60.00 a month per phone .

Sprint would not review the account but kept stating this is what we show you owe .

I then stepped-in . When I contacted Sprint all they would state is that the billing was correct and WHEN are you going to pay .

I filed a FCC Form 745 and Stated this to Sprint all they did was get mad and hang up .Then the cancelled the "2" contract and added another $300 to the bill and turned it over to there Collection agency RPC Collections .

When we were contacted by the RPM Agent (Mark) I stated the issue to him . We came to an agreement that we would pay Half and He agree that this would settle the Account and there would be no further oblication .

I made the payment and marked the MONEY ORDER for the Account as paid .

We received a call 4 months later wanting a payment on the account , I stated to the Agent at Mark had agreed that the account was cleared . The Agent Stated " He works in another department , and that He can not settle accounts ". I stated that we had a Verbal Contract and that he agreed that the account was considered PAID IN FULL when we settled on the amount . She stated that he can ONLY arrange payment and can NOT
make account settlements .

I sorry , I got angry and became vocal with the Agent . I stated well what was I thinking Sprint and PRM have not honored a Contract yet why did I think they would now . I hung up .

We are still receiving harassing phone calls from Sprint , RPM and now Alliance One .

Descanso, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2004 10:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS-RPM-Collections/internet/Sprint-PCS-RPM-Collections-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-and-collection-practices-Interne-125282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS / RPM Collections