Complaint Review: Sprint PCS - Sprint

• Updated: Sat, January 01, 2011

• Reported By: hexapus — Riverside California United States of America
Sprint PCS - Sprint
6391 Sprint Parkway Overland Park, Kansas United States of America

Sprint PCS - Sprint Refuses to replace known defective phone with different model Overland Park, Kansas

*Consumer Comment: Holes in your story Beverly

*Consumer Comment: Sprint ignores all different models of phones

*Consumer Comment: I 100% AGREE

Sprint has blatantly ignored ongoing issues with its Samsung Moment devices.  They refuse to acknowledge this is a widespread issue, and consequently, fail to act appropriately to resolve the loss of service Moment owners are experiencing.  Intermittent service lockups, requiring a reboot of the phone, plague this device.  I have had three replacements, all defective in the same way...each time I was asked to jump through numerous hoops, and Sprint still out and out refuses to provide me with a difference device (or waive my termination fee, since they have not held up their end of the contract).  I have been neglected, misled, and shuffled from department to department and back again, none of them taking the slightest bit of responsibility, nor offering any useful solution.  You can view the complaints of many other frustrated users of this model here:

Sprint is ignoring the fact they they sold us defective phones!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2010 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS-Sprint/Overland-Park-Kansas-66251-4300/Sprint-PCS-Sprint-Refuses-to-replace-known-defective-phone-with-different-model-Overlan-625606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS - Sprint

Holes in your story Beverly

AUTHOR: Cody Sharpe - (United States of America)

Beverly there is one HUGE problem with your story....if your phones were suspended from Sprint or any other carrier for that matter...9-1-1 capabilities will still be there....if you take a cell phone that has no company providing service to it....the device will still be able to make calls to 9-1-1...so go ahead and tell your story but people are just going to laugh at you because you have no idea what your talking about and with the cancellation fees that only applies to contracts for NEW customers AFTER the agreement!

Sprint ignores all different models of phones

AUTHOR: Beverly - (U.S.A.)

I had a problem with the Instinct. I went through about six Instincts before I finally went off on Sprint. I filed a complaint with the FCC and finally I had to hire an attorney. I was given the blackberry curve. Well, that did not work either. I went through 11 blackberries and I am still having problems.

My rate plan was changed from $99 to $69 without my permission. I told the CSR that I did not want my rate change because I have no intention of renewing my contract with Sprint and she said that it was only for two months. I said, h*ll to the "F" no and the CSR did it anyway. I was charged $10.00 for a 15 day trial period of software. My bill for two months with the illegal $69 rate change was over $135 with additional taxes and fees that I never authorized nor ever heard of. I told Sprint to cancel my contract and they were going to charge me $275 early termination fee even though Sprint had an agreement with the FCC not to charge customers the early termination fee of $275.

I was on my way to have an MRI for a car accident and I was attacked by a homeless person. I tried to call 9-1-1 and I was told that my service was not available. The homeless person was in better shape than my phone service. When I contacted Sprint I was told, what do you want us to do about your problem? I said it would be ethically, morally responsible if you had the staff to make sure that all phones were working properly instead of "F" around with people's lives. I also told David from the corporate office that the individual(s) that sent me defective phones should be terminated. I was told they may consider retraining.

I was given three worthless phones. One did not work at all and one did not work in the Sprint store after activation. I made them pull a brand new phone off the shelf and that lasted two weeks and when it was tested, it failed a critical test.

This is a company that should be shut down or Sprint and all of their employees are shipped to Afghanistan and our soldiers are brought home.

I 100% AGREE

AUTHOR: Kayla Shepherd - (United States of America)

I am a living testimony of what you are saying!  I am on my FIFTH device and Sprint will do nothing for me.  I have two moments right now and they continue to do these same things.  One is more severe than the other.  Sprint really needs to quite neglecting these problems as they are loosing customers everyday.