Complaint Review: Sprint PCS

• Submitted: Tue, March 14, 2000
  • Updated: Tue, March 14, 2000

• Reported By:Auburn CA
Sprint PCS
P.O.Box 79125 City of Industry, California U.S.A.

Sprint PCS won't turn service off

For three months I have been trying to contact a Sprint representative to clear up my account. The facts are as follows:

Dec. 27, 1999: I ordered a Srint PCS phone over the internet.

Jan. 11, 2000: I received the phone. I charged the phone battery.

Jan. 12, 2000: I tried to use the phone in my neighborhood. The signal strength was too low for service. I decided to return the phone and cancel service. I called 1-888-211-4727 . The line was so busy that a recorded message suggested that I call again later.

Jan 13, 2000: I called the same number, and eventually reached a "customer advocate". I asked her to cancel my service, and requested a "return kit" for the instrument.

Jan. 21, 2000 I received the return kit.

Jan. 24, 2000 I returned the instrument. UPS Tracking number RS32443.

Feb. 10, 2000 (Approximate date) I received a bill for service for January, and called 1-888-211-4727. I talked to someone named Carola. I explained the problem, and she said that she would make sure the service had been canceled, and that my account would be closed. She told me that I would eventually receive credit on my credit card for the initial charges for the phone and taxes ($139.41).

Feb 21, 2000 (Approximate date) I received a second bill stating that I was late with payment of the first bill. I sent a letter explaining the situation. I sent it using the envelope enclosed with the bill.

Mar. 13.2000 I received a third bill, stating that I owe $102.78. I have written a second letter in response.

I must emphasize that I have not made a single call with this phone. I did not have any signal at my home. I returned the phone. Sprint owes me $139.41. I do not owe them a damned penny. I am concerned that they will ruin my credit rating since I have no intention of paying anything for services not rendered.

If the Rip Off report doesn't help, I will try the CPUC complaint process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS/City-of-Industry-California-91716-9125/Sprint-PCS-wont-turn-service-off-1565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS