Complaint Review: Sprint PCS

• Submitted: Sat, November 08, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 27, 2008

• Reported By:East Islip New York
Sprint PCS
P.O. Box 660075 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-211-4727
  • Web:
  • Category: Landlords

Sprint PCS Monthly Insurance payments only to receive refurbished phones Dallas Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Cancel the insurance

*Consumer Comment: Sprint is has the best insurance plan let me tell you why...

I have been faithfully paying insurance at $6.00 per month since 2004 with increases now up to $7.00 per month. Through the years I have paid close to $450 for insurance and my phone was recently damaged and not able to use.

I just found yesterday (11/7/08) that not only do I have to wait 3-5 business days to receive a new phone, it is refurbished. I have been with Sprint for 10 years now and cannot believe they treat their faithful customers this way!! I had to pay a $50 deductible so that now brings my total payments for insurance up to $500 only to receive a refurbished used phone and have to wait 3-5 business days. Also, if I accidently hit a button on my phone, it tries to bring up the internet and I am charged $2.00 per minute or for accidently touching the button. I never go onto the internet on my phone but need it for picture mail.

Sprint has no roll over minutes so your faithfully penalized on a monthly basis. However, the other months I am no where near going over, those minutes are gone. The employees at the Sprint store I went to yesterday (Islip, NY) were rude and very unsympathetic when I explained that I use my phone for business, Per the manager, "There's nothing we can do to help you!" Not even a I'm sorry, but do you want the refurbished phone or not?

I have one more year on a contract with Sprint and am investigating other carriers as of today.

Sambucabean
East Islip, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2008 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS/Dallas-Texas-75266/Sprint-PCS-Monthly-Insurance-payments-only-to-receive-refurbished-phones-Dallas-Texas-389158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Cancel the insurance

AUTHOR: Pdr - (U.S.A.)

Ok...so do you complain about your car insurance when you have a fender bender and have to pay the deductible even though you're paying the monthly premiums? Or, do you complain when you have to pay the co-pay at a doctors office visit even though you pay the insurance every month? It's the same thing with Sprint! You pay the monthly premium and a low deductible to get an item that would normally cost you a lot more! I have a suggestion...cancel your Sprint insurance and next time you lose or break your phone, go ahead and pay the 300 dollars out of pocket for a new phone. THEN let's see how much you'd be complaining!

Sprint is has the best insurance plan let me tell you why...

AUTHOR: O Doggg - (U.S.A.)

Sprint is has the best insurance plan let me tell you why...

for starters, most companies make you pay a deductible no matter WHAT happens, sprint only makes you pay if the phone is non-replacable. 2, it's cheaper than most companies.3, at&t doesn't have insurance on ANY smartphone(blackberry, i phone, palm devices...etc). 4, no other company except Verizon has technician to service your phone for FREE if you have insurance. 5. $50 Deductible is nothing compared to how much other companies' deductibles are...SPRINT has the best insurance, and I just told you why