Complaint Review: Sprint PCS

• Reported By: Scott — Wesley Chapel Florida United States of America
Sprint PCS
Internet, Kansas United States of America

Sprint PCS Sprint Sprint PCS Bait and Switch Internet, Kansas

I have been with Sprint for close to 10 years and on my current plan for more than 4 years, it includes unlimited data and texting.  I have made a decision to take them up on their offer and upgrade my phone.  They provide a great tool to show me only phones that will work with my plan.  After choosing a phone that they suggest, it then tells me that I must choose a new plan even though it showed me phones that only work with my plan.  After speaking with people in the store, customer service, retentions department, and corporate office to provide what they advertise and not make me pay TWICE as much as my current plan, I get the same answer of "this is all we can do is change your plan."

If not bait and switch, this is at minimum deceptive advertising practices.  If they say a particular phone will work with my plan, in the State of Florida they must honor what they have advertised.

Be aware that Sprint is using decptive practices to try to get you out of a plan that they then can never get back for you if you change your mind or realize that this is a mistake.

For me, this has not only encouraged me to find a different provider, but I am considering suing them in Florida court and requesting an investigation by the Department of Agriculture which monitors company's who mis-advertise pricing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS/Internet-Kansas-/Sprint-PCS-Sprint-Sprint-PCS-Bait-and-Switch-Internet-Kansas-896392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS