Complaint Review: Sprint PCS

• Updated: Fri, July 19, 2013

• Reported By: averbalin38 — Victorville California
Sprint PCS
6391 Sprint Parkway Overland Park, Kansas USA

Sprint PCS Unwilling to negotiate service contract termination waiver Overland Park Kansas

My Sprint service has pretty much always been marginal at best.  Initially it was a secondary line most used for data at home so I had no idea how shoddy the data coverage was as I was on WiFi 99% of the time.  In any case that changed when the line became my primary business phone.  Unfortunately by that time it was beyond the magic 14 days trial period so I was out of luck on an easy cancellation.

One thing that was acceptable was the voice coverage.  Even despite the dismal data coverage in my area I only had a few instances of phone calls dropping.  This changed dramatically on 7/16/13. I had to use the phone more than usual to support a number of business conference calls and bridges.  During a three day period I have numerous drops and even when the calls did not drop the audio was choppy to the point of uselessness.  When I needed the service most I was woefully let down.

I had called Sprint customer support serveral times over the past months to make complaints about the poor data coverage but this time I was resolved to negotiate a termination of the contract as the service was entirely unreliable and useless.  As always I would say that customer service was attentive and understanding but they were not able to negotiate a waiver to the early termination fee I felt I should not be obligated to pay given the lack of service.

I was given an opportunity to speak with an escelation manager who again was attentive and well meaning but again stated his hands were tied because there was not enough evidence of poor call quality in order for him to make the case for early termination waiver.  Seems there is some metric that has to be met over a 3 month period and I am currently 2% away from the case being made.   He did confirm that two towers in my area were being serviced and they should be back up in a while.

Please take care and do a LOT of investigation prior to switching to Sprint.  If you are in an urban center you will be fine but if you are not take care.  Losing the two towers in my area has effectively crippled my phone usage.  Seems the only easy way out of this one is hoping that my poor coverage actually CONTINUES for the foreseeable future in order to meet the corporate service metrics required for early termination fee waiver.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2013 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS/Overland-Park-Kansas-66251-4300/Sprint-PCS-Unwilling-to-negotiate-service-contract-termination-waiver-Overland-Park-Kansa-1068495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS