Mexico

• Submitted: Tue, September 16, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 16, 2008

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Sprint PCS
6200 Sprint Pkwy, Overland Park,, Kansas U.S.A.

Sprint Nextel Corporation Sprint Nextel Customers should check their bills for late fees Overland Park, Kansas

*Consumer Comment: What?

I've been a Sprint customer for eight years. Although I have no problem with the cellular service, I have had constant problems with their customer service. For all these years my due date was the 20th of the month, and I would pay my bill online on or about the 18th of the month. This month, however, I went to the Sprint website to pay and decided to take a look at my statement. That's when I discovered a "Late Fee" of $7.20, and a due date of the 13th of September.

I called Sprint's customer service, sat on hold for 20 minutes, and finally got to someone who told me that my due date was changed back in March of 2008. In other words, for the past seven months they have been charging me Late Fees because they changed my due date without notifying me.

I told a friend of mine about this, who is also a Sprint customer, and he checked his bill. His due date had likewise been changed to one week earlier and Late Fees were added to his bill as well.

If you are a Sprint Customer, please check your statements. I have a feeling Sprint has changed due dates for all their customers, and you may be getting charged late fees without knowing it.

Cfannin
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2008 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS/Overland-Park-Kansas-66251/Sprint-Nextel-Corporation-Sprint-Nextel-Customers-should-check-their-bills-for-late-fees-O-373332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS

What?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

"...In other words, for the past seven months they have been charging me Late Fees because they changed my due date without notifying me."

Your title is correct in one aspect "Customers should check their bills", but that goes for any bill. They notified you by putting the due date on your statement.
If you didn't read your statement for 7 months that is not the fault of Sprint.