Complaint Review: Sprint PCS

• Submitted: Wed, August 05, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, August 05, 2009

• Reported By:White Bear Lake Minnesota
Sprint PCS
KSOPHT0101-Z4300, 6391 Sprint Parkway, Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.

Sprint PCS Ruining my credit Overland Park Kansas

I had an account with sprint approximatley 2.5 years ago. I canceled my account with them because it was nothing but overcharging every month and calling them to have the charges removed from the bill.

2 years later it was time for me to get a new car, since it appeared that my car was about to clunk out on me. When I went to get a loan, what do you know, there is an unpaid cell phone bill sitting in collections on my credit report!?!?

Who is that from? They tell me sprint! Are you friken kidding me, I canceled my account with them 2 years ago!

So I called them to ask what was going on because there is no way that I owe them $746. At first they told me that the account that I am calling about does not exist. Thats because I canceled it! Hello! After talking to 6 different people and spending 2 hours on the phone with them they find the account and tell me that I owe them that money and I never canceled the account with them it was shut off because I was not paying?!? What no. I wish I had phone records from two years ago, so I could prove to you that I called and shut the phones off myself!

So now they refuse to fix the mistake they made and my credit is shot because they can not get their stuff together at that company after ripping me off for 1.5 year now they are screwing with my life. They so kindly sent me my "bills" 2 year later and for two months they charged me $150 when there were no minutes used? Um, hello any one home, it seems quite obvious to me that I canceled the account and requested the closing paper work which I never received which might I point out that around this same time sprint was being sued by the attorney general for fraud on clients that they had at the time. So I thought that this was all taken care of because they already had a class action against them. Now two years later they want another $746.

I tried to call and work this out with them but they simply refuse to do anything or to even hear my side of the story, they just don't care. I went on conumerreports.com and read about 10 reports about sprint. Of the 10 I read at least 7 of them were the exact same thing that I am going through. If 70% of the customers are having the same issue there is something seriously wrong with this company! Something needs to be done about all the abuse that this company is putting on thier customers.

Wonderingwolf77
White Bear Lake, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2009 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS/Overland-Park-Kansas-66251/Sprint-PCS-Ruining-my-credit-Overland-Park-Kansas-476831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS