Complaint Review: Sprint PCS

• Submitted: Fri, June 24, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, April 13, 2006

• Reported By:Aurora Colorado
Sprint PCS
6200 Sprint Pkwy. Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.

Sprint PCS ripoff fradulent billing and horrible customer service Overland Park Kansas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Read everything you are giving

*Consumer Comment: problem still not solved radio shack continues to lie

*Consumer Comment: Attorney general refused to help me to radio shack makes people by warranties & refuses to honor them if you have a defective phone

*Consumer Comment: Three companies involved, who should help you?

*Consumer Comment: REFUSES TO HONOR PHONES WARRANTY

*Consumer Comment: STAY AWAY FROM SPRINT DO NOT SIGN THE CONTRACT WILL NOT HONOR WARRENTY YOU CAN'T DEPEND ON THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU TO HELP RESOLVE PROBLEMS

*Consumer Comment: SPRINT PCS RIP OFF REFUSED TO HONOR WARRENTY

*Consumer Comment: SPRINT PCS RADIO SHACK RIP OFF RADIO SHACK REFUSED TO REPLACE MY PHONE WHILE STILL UNDER WARRENTY

*Consumer Comment: RESPONSE TO YOUR COMMENT

*UPDATE Employee: Radio Shack is NOT Sprint

*Consumer Comment: SPRINT PCS RIP-OFF SPRINT DOES NOT HONOR WARRENTYS THESE COMPANYS SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOR COMMITING THEIR FRAUDULENT CRIMES IF AMERICANS GO TO JAIL

This is a copy of the letter I sent to Sprint:

I am incredibly dissatisfied with my experience with my Sprint PCS service on June 4, 2005. I went to the Sprint PCS store located at 3800 Quebec Street in Denver, Colorado and after talking with a customer representative found out that I was being charged for Internet usage even though I have a vision plan. This gentleman instructed me to call customer service, which I did.

The first time that I called I could not understand the person and asked to speak to the supervisor and after being on hold for at least twenty minutes I was hung up on. I tried a second time and asked the next representative to speak to the supervisor, this representative inquired why and I explained my issue.

She explained that my account was in collections so they couldn't do anything about my problem until I paid what was do on my account including the fees that were in question. I again asked to speak to the supervisor and I was then put on hold.

After a long wait I was again hung up on. I asked another representative in the store if there was anything he could do and he called and the problem was corrected. I have been a Sprint PCS customer since 2001, and am considering not renewing my service contract when it is up in February of 2006. I would appreciate a reply as soon as possible.

Brenna
Aurora, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2005 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS/Overland-Park-Kansas-66251/Sprint-PCS-ripoff-fradulent-billing-and-horrible-customer-service-Overland-Park-Kansas-147372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Read everything you are giving

AUTHOR: Andrew - (U.S.A.)

I am an ex-manager from Radio Shack, I left the company not cause the company is bad but I found a lot better paying job.

First matter, your RSSP (Radio Shack SERVICE plan), if you read into what you where paying and asked the right questions you would have found out all the info, most likely you bought the RSSP because they offered you a new battery each year for the life of the RSSP, but onto the main part, the SERVICE plan you bought. Lets think about the word SERVICE, not replace or exchange but service, means they will send your phone to be repaired ie you will be out of a phone while in repair. Once again this is all in what you where giving if you would have read it. If the phone would have been un-repairable like you say sprint said, the store would have been autherized to give you a new phone of the same type or value.

Now your srint deal. I know all this I am about to say from expiernce cause I had to go this route with them. You have to go into a Sprint store, ask for the number for the replacement company, they will give it to you gladly, you call in, they ask a few questions, you either pay $50. via over the phone ie credit or debit, or you send them $50. after they receive the money the send you a phone once again same or equal within 3 days and then you simply send your old phone back to them via the pre-paid box they send.

You are the worst kinda cosumer, one who is un-educated and does not read the terms for which they are paying for. No I am no longer in retail of anysort, I got a job in the field I went to school for, I just hate people like you who dont fall the guide lines, want everything on their terms and most likely are in the store arguing with the salesman and at one point yelling. Like I said, seen your type before and I have seen the type that read what they get into and ask more questions before paying for it and go along with what they paid for, lucky for the salesman there are more of them then ones like you.

problem still not solved radio shack continues to lie

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

To date this problem remains unresolved, I reported the problems well before the warranty expired! & radio shack refused to replace it I have sent certified letters to radio shack & all they do is lie!, I will never purchase anything from radio shack again if they are selling any cell phone for any company they will make you bye these warranties & fail to honor them if you do have a problem with the phone. The better business bureau or attorney general are not help at all either they will lie for the business to keep them out of trouble so don't bother filing any complaints with any of them they will not help you!.

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Attorney generals office are no help at all!, they say to file complaints if a business has treated you unfairly well not in my case, radio shack refused to answer my complaint radio shack has refused to cooperate with me & the attorney general office is a withness to radio shacks lack off cooperation to resolve with this complaint. The attorney general's office says they will reach a settlement between both parties but if the business refuses to cooperate the attorney general office, says they cannot adjust claims if the parties cannot agree between the business & the consumer so the attorney general's office was no help! in getting my phone replaced & I am know all out of options. I have complained over a period of 6 times & still sprint nor radio shack says the same thing & refuses to replace my phone I will NEVER! purchase anything from radio shack, radio shack makes people by warranty & does not honor them when you have a problem with your phone.

Three companies involved, who should help you?

AUTHOR: Joshua - (U.S.A.)

Alright in this case it seems you have three companies involved, Sprint PCS, Radio Shack, and Lockline who is the administrator of the Sprint PCS Equipment replacement program. Now for the sake of argument it seems your warranty with Radio Shack was expired so there for most likely the phone was no longer under manufacturer warranty, so that only leaves one company that could possibly replace your phone and that is lockline providing you bought their insurance program at some point for your phone. If you bought this policy for your phone you should contact Lockline and providing that it is a malfunction not caused by you, they will gladly replace it with an equal or better one, if you caused the problem they will still replace it for you at a cost of $50 dollars at with an equal or better one. Either way if everything you are saying is true your phone should be replaced with little or no hassle to you, if you just follow the simple instructions provided by Sprint PCS or Lockline. Best wishes to you, I hope you can resolve this matter soon.

REFUSES TO HONOR PHONES WARRANTY

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

To date, the problem with radio shack & sprint remains unresolve my phone still has not been replaced I have made complaints to the attorney general offices & radio shack, refuses to answer my complaints & refuses to cooperate with me in settling this matter along with sprint refuses to cooperate with me, I have made every reasonable attempted to settle this matter with radio shack & sprint I will cancel my service with sprint & by a new cell phone & find a new company due to radio shack & sprint failing to honor my phones warranty & refusing to replace my phone below is correspondents from the better business bureau.

Mr. Jones,

Your complaint that was filed on 7/11/2005 has been closed and completed. The BBB cannot re-process the same complaint twice when already company has sent responses and is closed on their end. I apologize if the resolution you were seeking for was not received. If you are wishing to pursue with your complaint you can contact Small Claims Court- (817) 884-1111. Thank you for using the BBB @ Fort Worth.

Michelle Pena
Consumer Specialist
Better Business Bureau @ Fort Worth
101 Summit Ave. Ste 707
Fort Worth, TX 76102
(817) 332-7585
(817) 882-0566 fax

If this is the way radio shack treats its custormers failing to honor warranties & failing to resolve complaints then I will never purchase anything that they sell for sprint again, they have lost my business I am all out of options to settle this complain I will just cancel my telephone with sprint & move my service to a new company I will just have to purchase a new cell phone with a new company for radio shack refusing to make my complaint right & for refusing to replace my phone for a new one!.

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

I have made a complaint agaisnt sprint, & radio shack to the attorney general's office for how radio shack & sprint failed to honor my phones warrenty & for failing to replace my phone when it had a defect.I, am not going to bother with the better business bureau again sense they claim that they can't make sprint or radio shack do anything, the better business bureau is a waste of time businesses are paying off the better business bureau to keep them for helping consumers who are ripped of & taken advantage of like how radio & shack & sprint as taken advantage of me.You, cannot depend on the better business bureau to help you resolve complaints why have a better business bureau if they cannot help consumers with complains against businesses.

SPRINT PCS RIP OFF REFUSED TO HONOR WARRENTY

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Below complaint agaisnt sprint from the BBB telling the same thing that radio shack as said:

November 19, 2004

Better Business Bureau
8080 Ward Parkway, Suite 200
Kansas City, MO 64114

To Whom It May Concern:

The inquiry referenced above, filed by Ms. Cathy Jones on behalf of Mr. Charles Jones, has been forwarded for my review. We appreciate your assistance in bringing our customers' concerns to our attention. I am pleased to inform you that Mr. Jones' equipment and billing issues were addressed today.

During my conversation with Ms. Jones, she indicated that when the display on her son's phone went blank, he attempted to have the phone repaired or replaced at the place of purchase, Radio Shack. Because he had also purchased an extended warranty, they were willing to repair the phone, but Mr. Jones was not willing to wait for the phone to be sent off for the repair. He then took his phone to a Sprint retail store for assistance; however, because his original manufacturer's warranty had expired, the Sprint representatives were unable to provide assistance.

In accordance with the equipment purchase guidelines, new phones are covered under a one-year manufacturer's warranty. If the handset has been tested by one of our technicians and is determined to have a manufacturer's defect, the handset will be exchanged for a refurbished handset of the same model, if available. Unfortunately, Sprint cannot honor extended warranties purchased from another company; therefore, we must respectfully decline his request for credit toward the new phone that he purchased to replace his defective phone. The most current version of this document can be viewed by accessing our web site at www.sprintpcs.com and following the links.

Ms. Jones also advised that her son is disputing the roaming charges reflected on his March and April 2004 invoices. Our records reflect that he previously received a $23 credit for additional charges. In order to prevent these roaming charges from occurring, our customer service department helped Mr. Jones through the steps of disabling the roaming feature on his phone for use within the Sprint wireless service area.

Charles Jones
November 19, 2004
Page 2

If I may be of further assistance with these matters, you can reach me by calling the Executive and Regulatory Services Department toll-free at 1-866-866-7496. I am available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Central Time.

Sincerely,

Tammie Stowers
Executive and Regulatory Analyst

If my warrenty did expire on 11/27/04 the sprint should have replaced my phone i had time still to replace my phone but sprint & radio shack refused to replace my phone i did not wont to have it sent off & wait for two weeks & be without a phone sprint advised me that the phone could bot be repaired & that it had to be replaced but radio shack refused to replace it, i will not renew my contract with sprint for 2006 because of all these mess either they replace my phone or refund my money i will cancel my contract with sprint this is completely & unfair treatment they had their chance to replace it & do things right while under the warrenty but they refused to replace it sprint & radio shack treated me dirty with regard to these warrenty's & know i am stuck with a phone that i can't even use,& for how i was ripped off from these warrentys bye radio shack & sprint.

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Inclosed is a response from my complaint from the better business bureau with regard to my complaint & their refusal to replace my phone from which radio shack refused to replace while the phone was still under warrenty:

Hello:

I am sorry to hear of any problems that Mr. Jones has encountered with the
Kyocera 2255 SprintPCS phone that he purchased on November 27, 2002 from our
Peachtree Mall store in Columbus, GA.

I accessed our retail store database and found that Mr. Jones purchased a RadioShack Service Plan (RSSP) for his phone that expired on November 27, 2004. I regret that we are unable to authorize Mr. Jones' request for a
replacement phone due to the expiration of the service plan.

In regards to Mr. Jones' claim that the store forced him to enroll in SprintPCS' warranty program, our stores are not authorized to go over this program. While there is an enrollment option on the bottom of the SprintPCS
contact, the stores do not have information regarding this warranty and can only ask that the customer check whether they wish to enroll or not. Should they choose to enroll, they will be contacted by SprintPCS or a third-party
company on their behalf to discuss the coverage and monthly fee.

If Mr. Jones' warranty with SprintPCS is still active and being billed to him monthly on his bill, I can only suggest that he contact SprintPCS again for assistance. Please extend to Mr. Jones our sincerest apologies for any
inconvenience this has caused him.

If you require further information or assistance, please let me know.
Sincerely,

Kathy Mashburn
RadioShack Customer Care

I am considering not renewing my contract with sprint for the defective phone that i purchased from radio shack & after how radio shack forced me into purchasing a sprint warrenty & refusing to replace my phone after sprint told radio shack to replace it while the phone was under warrenty radio shack still refused to replace it after sprint told me that the phone could not be replaced due to the screen not appearing & going out, these are the same problems i had with sprint all though i purchased a sprint warrenty they still refused to replace the phone while the phone was under warrenty & know that the phone is out of warrenty i have all this trouble i have to worry about.

I will not renew my sprint contract for 2006 due to them refusing to replace my phone i will never buy anything from radio shack again due to them forcing me to bye a sprint warrenty & people have to suffer the consequences because of place's like radio shack,radio shack ripped me of & know their is nothing i can do to the warrenty being expired for me to get an replacement phone due to how radio shack ripped my money off refusing to replace the phone while under the warrenty & know still refusing to replace my phone after me making a complaint to the better business bureau.

Their is no busniess that you can trust these days without them trying to take advantage of you & you have to suffer the consequences.

RESPONSE TO YOUR COMMENT

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Then why does radio shack make you purchase an extended warrenty for sprint? & then does not honor it when your phone does have a defect & leaves you stuck with a phone that fails you later when it shouldn't,radio shack should not be making people purchase and extended sprint warrenty if you cannot take the phone to a sprint store radio shack mislead me into purchasing a sprint warrenty & sold me a phone knowing it had a defect in it & refused to replace the phone

all though the sprint store told me that they would replace it because i had purchased an extended sprint warrenty but i had to go back to the place of purchase & the sprint store told me that it could not be repaired due to the defect of the screen & that radio shack had to replace seems to me like i have made a mistake with buying anything from radio shack for selling me a defective phone in the first place & after how sprint treated me about not honoring the warrenty that i had purchased from radio shack.

This doesn't make any sense why radio shack would make me pay for a sprint warrenty when later when the phone messed up would not replace it seems like i made a bad mistake buy purchasing anything from radio shack & doing any kind of business with sprint,you can't seem to trust any kind of business's these days without them trying to rip you of your money.

Radio Shack is NOT Sprint

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

Radio Shack offers their extended warranties on many "high end" products besides the cell phones they sell too. They sell that same "warranty" on their Verizon phones. I wouldn't buy an extended warranty at Circuit City for a computer and then go to a Dell Store to get it serviced with that extended warranty. It wouldn't make sense since I purchased it from CC. Anyway, Sprint's Total Equipment Protection plan is NOT something that RS can sell you.

It is a $5 mrc option that serves as insurance. That warranty you buy from RS is a load of garbage since your phone already comes with a one year manufactors warranty that covers manufactors defects only. Sprint graciously takes care of them at their stores since most other companies will make you go through the manufactor themselves in which you have to even register your product with their company. What a hassle it would be then!

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

I have been a sprint customer sense 11/02,i purchased a sprint phone back in 11/02 the radio shack were giving away free phones & radio shack in columbus ga, made me pay for two warrentys & told me if i didn't pay for them that i would not get the phone & turns out later when i really needed to use the warrenty due to my phone messing & my screen on my phone & blacked out were i couldn't see anything on the screen & was charging me roaming charges when i wasn't in a roaming area.I went to a sprint pcs store & reported the problem that i was having with the phone but they told me that the phone could not be repaired if the screen was not appering & that it had to be replaced but they told me that i had to go back to radio shack to get it replaced sense i had bought their warrenty,i then took it back to radio shack but was unable to resolve anything with them they would not honor the warrenty,they told me they would send the phone off to have it repaired i refused & told them i would be out of a phone for two weeks then they would replace it.I told sprint that i bought a sprint warrent & a radio shack warrenty why would radio shack make me pay for a second warrenty if sprint does not use it i told radio shack that if the screen does not appear that the phone could not be repaired & had to be replaced even though i had purchased a sprint warrent from radio shack but the mananger at radio shack lied to me saying the sprint store was wrong & that he would not replace my phone with a new one so i was unable to resolve anything.I made a complaint about sprint to the better business bureau about sprint about them not honoring my warrent i bought but refused to replace my phone i was ripped off $200 for a warrenty that i was never going to be used when my cell phone failed me i am not going to renew my contract with sprint this next time due to how the fraudulent charged me roaming charges & refused to replace my phone if us americans commit a crime we get put in jail if the big busniess's like sprint commit a crime they get off scott free if we go to jail for commiting a crime then these busniess need to go to jail for their FRAUDULENT crimes that they commit!.