Complaint Review: Sprint PCS

• Updated: Thu, July 05, 2012

• Reported By: Ryan — Summerfield North Carolina United States of America
Sprint PCS
6391 Sprint Parkway Internet United States of America

Sprint PCS A company who likes to sell a service and refuse to provide it while you continue to pay! Internet

Long story short:

I recently moved to the country.....Sprint has NO and mean NO coverage here but on a map they show they have coverage....how convenient...

I contact sprint and being a 4 year customer I throught they would help me find a solution to fix the problem. ......

Sprint says they fixed it.....yet no bars....no calls....my fiance had a flat tire and I didn't even get a call to help her.....thank God for a good cop now and then

So I buy a cmda cell booster off amazon, $250 out of my pocket to do sprints job for them.....NOPE no problem resolved, just the same problem still.....I buy a yagi antenna....nope no service

I buy an airwave devie off amazon.....yep I spent another $40 out of pocket to do sprints job.  I call to activate it.....these people are snakes I am telling you...I am told no new charges, no new contracts, blah blah blah blah blah

I log in the three days later to view my bill.....now not only have I spent $300 but GUESS WHAT....I AM AT THE END OF A 2 YEAR CONTRACT BUT JUST GOT RENEWED FOR ANOTHER 24 months!!!!

I call into airwave..... and I am nice but firm toned.  Guy barely knew how to do his job let alone solve my problem.  He says I can't have bought an airwave as sprint is the only copamy legally able to sell them.  I ask him if he is saying I broke the law by buying an airwave....his reply was "possibly".  His manager finally takes this less than bright guys phone call and acknowledges amazon dose sell them, he got one there also, and says yes he see's the new contract  and new activation on the voip line.

So here I am thinking what voip line......he says I got a voip line with the airwave similar to vonage....I plug a phone in and nothing happens....hmmm...I ask him to call me nothing happens....I try to call him no dial tone because nothing happens.....he acknowledges the line must not have been activated so I ask him to remove the charge.  Not a problem he says....(sprint this is all documented in your computer system....READ IT FROM THERE!)

So here we sit paying for phones we can't use, both of us work from home and are having to stand on the edge of a road to make a phone call.......I don't remember the verizon guy ever getting hit by a semi truck to get confirmation they could hear him, do you?

Next my mom suffers a heart attack, was in ICU, and literally came within inches of dying.  I have an airwave....I have the voip line.....my family calls.....do my phones ring??? Nope....I almost missed the last seconds of my mothers life for putting my faith in sprint that I would receive the service I paid for....  how would that make you feel.  On my return from the hospital after a family member had to drive to get me (thank goodness I have cell service right) I am forced to buy a magic jack, the new version that doesn't need a computer just to have phone service.  6 years for less than I am paying a month here at sprint yet their service works and sprints doesn't.

At this point I have had it, I almost lost my mom, I have spent money out of pocket, I have spent hours on the phone with sprint and to no avail I am paying for a service I am not receiving.  I call to cancel, per the contract if service can not be provided and a ticket was launched to assist yet no service was offered sprint is bound to allow you out of the contract for non-performance or whatever you prefer to call it.

Lady picks up the phone... yeah...that's going to be $250 per line to get out, I tell her LADY I ALMOST LOST MY LAST MOMENTS WITH MY MOM because you can't give me phone serive.... "sorry for the inconvenience".... inconvenience.... so if any of sprints customers pass on... don't worry it's just another inconvenience.... I become irrate to say the least... she passes me to her manager who is utterly beside himself when I tell him what happened.  I asked him how he would feel if he was me and the guy got choked up to the point he could tell my frustration..... he places me on hold and passes me to an account manager and he states under these circumstances they should have not problem letting us out of our contract and he could not apologize enough... wow one good employee.

Account manager picks up, reads our notes and hits us up for the early termination fee....we are irrate again......she says clearly sprint is not responsible for emergency situations where there service is not in range and all this while we have paid a full months service bill and can't use our phones... sympathy...

We tell her look at the system... we have BOUGHT AN ANTENNA BOOSTER (NOT PASSIVE, IT HAD AN AMPLIFIER), WE HAD GOTTEN AN AIRWAVE AND EVEN ASKED HER TO CALL US ON IT... GUESS WHAT... PHONE DIDN'T RING.  HAD 5 BARS YET DIDN'T RING LIKE WE WERE TELLING THEM THE WHOLE TIME.

She then claims that the tickets were put in for a technician to go service our previous residence where they found a few blade antenna's that needed replacement.  We never had a single problem at our previous address ever NOT ONE yet they found why we couldn't use our phones 40 minutes away at that address?  Well because sprint goofed up and dispatched a tech to that address it is of course  THE CONSUMERS FAULT.  We are paying the early term fee's as sprint has forcibly imposed on us, we have to pay an activation fee of $36 for a line that is document to have never been turned on, they have zero proof their own tech could even ring the line as when they tried the system would ring.... ring... ring... ring.. ring.... you got it .... never be passed to a voice mail system..... because it was never provisioned correctly to begin with.

So a months plus of non usable service

sprint sends the technician to the wrong address

sprint says our new address has cell coverage on "their map" - if I had crayons I could probably draw you a better one

sprint says servie is good so we must pay termination fees

sprint says we must pay activation fees on a line never provisioned

sprint says if a family member is in critical condition yet no service is offered at your location that is your problem (get a magicjack! they work!)

sprint says the charges are all fair and correct

sprint says pay them or be given to collections

sprint says you as the customer are responsible for their mistakes

sprint says you must pay for a service they can not reliably render you

Before you sign that contract renewal you should remember all these things.  We were with them 4 years and not one late payment...but when push came to shove....we were a problem they could shew away...are you?

Proud straight talk customer as of this day and my mom is making a slow recovery....her mishap was more than an inconveniene to me sprint.

To the good employees I spoke with.....you guys work for a horrible company and you can honestly do better in life aligning yourself with a company moving up....not down or sideways.

To sprint......you should be ashamed....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS/internet/Sprint-PCS-A-company-who-likes-to-sell-a-service-and-refuse-to-provide-it-while-you-cont-907308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS