Complaint Review: Sprint PCS

• Updated: Sat, September 15, 2012

• Reported By: Dale — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Sprint PCS
12730 W. Interstate 10 #308 Internet United States of America

Sprint PCS Sprint Wireless Sprint lies about deposit amount required to activate line and turnes off phone without warning 17 days later. Internet

After being a loyal customer for years I finally had it with Sprint. I opened an account with Sprint under my company name since I wanted to separate my company cell from my personal. I walked into Sprint and was advised that a $50 deposit is all had to be made to activate the line. I spent over $800 in new phones and equipment and was pretty happy.

Until 17 days later!!! My phones where turned off without notice!!!

After signing into my account I had a somehow managed to rack up over $300 in charges in 2 weeks! I was on unlimited plan and received no bill, email, txt nor phone call that I had gone over my limit the SAME day I activated the phone. Sprint customer service advised me that I still owed them $100 in a deposit I never paid. I told them that they only required a $50 deposit and that is what I paid at the store due to the credit they pulled on the company. Also I was suppose to receive a credit on the account that they did onto my personal account and not my business account as they stated they would.

I explained to Sprint customer care that I would be willing to pay the extra $100 in 2 weeks when our accounts receive funds but they where unwilling to do that but they said if I paid another $50 they could leave it on till the end of the month. I PAID OUT OF MY OWN PERSONAL ACCOUNT AND NOT THE COMPANY FUNDS. Another day later I was OFF again!!! When I contacted them again they told me that I still had to pay another $50 and their was nothing they could do for me AT ALL!!! That I had to pay the full amount!!!!

Even when I threatened to cancel the accounts they told me that was my choice, but I would be required to pay early termination fees. That there was still nothing that they would do to reconcile for them lying to get my business. I reported them to the FCC and was a pain getting a hold of Sprint even when the FCC got involved. This is how it went...

1986149 FCC Inquiry 12-C00408221

This company admitted to their own fault, that their manager did something that was not in their guidelines. Even stating "We will be contacting the manager to reprimand him in this situation". They are still unwilling to resolve this issue stating "Due to the economy their is nothing we can do for you... you will still need to pay the early termination fees, even if you come back to us". No bill was received via email text and phone call, prior to the phones being turned off leaving me to call and research to find out what was going on. This being all done 3 days after the point of no return (2 weeks) in locking us into a contract that had early termination fees. I will be contacting the BBB and the 3 credit agencies about this situation that has now damaged my credit, and loss of $800 in equipment that I cant use due to false misrepresentation by Sprint reps and their customer service. It is adamant that this company just doesn't care.

YOU CANT HELP ME DUE TO THE ECONOMY!!!!!! You admit the fault but this is the excuse you give me!!!! These people are destroying my credit for their lies!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2012 06:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS/internet/Sprint-PCS-Sprint-Wireless-Sprint-lies-about-deposit-amount-required-to-activate-line-and-941560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS