Complaint Review: Sprint PCS

• Updated: Mon, June 16, 2014

• Reported By: UnhappyInFL — Clearwater Florida
Sprint PCS
Nationwide USA

Sprint PCS Sprint Nextel Untruthful, Hateful, Outrageous, Unhelpful, Nasty Customer Service Managers, Corprate Stores Lie Nationwide

On March 3, 2014, I signed up with Sprint/Nextel aka Sprint PCS at the store in St. Petersburg, Florida. I got a Kyocera Torque phone that was falsely advertised as having 1G ROM and 4GB RAM. Not enough RAM or ROM. Only had 1G of ROM and 1G of RAM

I went through three of them.

Finally, a Sprint Manager of the Port Richey, FL store saw I couldn't connect to Sprint TV and Movies nor 4G. He arranged with the Manager of the Tyrone store in St. Petersburg to get me a new Samsung Galaxy S III.

When I arrived he was long gone, drove 50 miles for a refurbished Samsung Galaxy S III. Assistant Manager of St. Petersburg FL store refused to give me a new one as promised. She was very hateful and nasty. She dug up a used battery and USB cable, and sent me on my way.

Called Sprint Customer Service. Talked to a manager in Phoenix who told me to go back to Port Richey, FL store. They made a mistake, but he didn't document it. So, I got a new battery at Port Richey, Florida store, but my phone still discharged rapidly. Assigned to customer service manager in NC. Told me to forget about it. I was stuck with this phone until March 1, 2015. Not being one to give up easily, I didn't forget about it.

I wrote every Corporate executive I could find on the Internet, and successfully sent them all emails thanks to Consumer Reports website. I was sent to Corporate Escalations Department. Finally, on June 2, I got a brand new Samsung Galaxy SIII as promised. My new bill came out. I was charged another activation fee. Not to mention, that someone at Sprint Customer Service took it upon themselves to take away my unlimited data.

New problem: Upgrade status changed to June 1, 2016. It should be June 1, 2015, with unlimited data you get annual upgrades. Promised by Corporate it would be fixed, it has not. I have been waiting two weeks now. Plus I am being charged for data overage of $32.30. I pay $20.00 a month for unlimited data. I am furious at this point.

In the meantime, I got a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 for my husband. I was supposed to get this in the first place. On Saturday, it locked up. Had to do a complete factory reset thanks to Assurant and Kaspersky. Now Assurant wants me to do without the new Tablet, rather than just get me an activation code. I was eligible to upgrade this Tablet on November 1, 2014. Mysteriously it was changed to January 1, 2016. I quite frankly am fed up with Sprint in three and a half months.

My advice is to avoid Sprint like the plague they are. They feel they are too big to fail. Wrong.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2014 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS/nationwide/Sprint-PCS-Sprint-Nextel-Untruthful-Hateful-Outrageous-Unhelpful-Nasty-Customer-Servi-1155145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS