Complaint Review: Sprint PCS

• Reported By:East Ridge TN
Sprint PCS
Nationwide U.S.A.

Sprint Rip Off of Deposits Return

On 2-9-99, I purchased the Sprint PCS package from a local Radio Shack in my area. I was required to pay $250.00 deposit before service would be activated. I paid the deposit and purchased the necessary phone to coincide with the program. The purchase price of the phone alone was another $150.00. During the next several months, the service was a nightmare. Payments were held for 5 to 7 weeks before being posted, resulting in deisconnection. Then they would request I pay a re-connect fee. I refused and service restored. Atfer several months (from April 1999 to November 1999, of a pure HELL with SprintPCS, I requested my service be terminated and the account balance be taken from the $250.00 deposit and the remainder be returned to me. After receiving numerous noticed for payment, I contacted Sprint Customer Service to find that my account was in arrears and I was threatened with legal action. Sprint advised there was no record of the $250.00 deposit. We argued for several weeks. I returned to the Radio Shack and the manager kindly accessed the necessary info to clarify the matter. I faxed this information to Sprint 4 times....still no refund. I was told a "template" was being made of my account and the matter would be settled within a few days....this was in January 2000. This afternoon, I spoke with still another rep, Stacy, and she informed me that nothing was being done about my account. She stated they needed a "PIN" number...I don't have a PIN number but I do have the receipt where I paid all the necessary charges up front. I WANT MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW. I feel like Sprint not only owes me the deposit, but the return of all monies due to the personal aggrivation and torment I have suffered. At present, I am unable to obtain cell phone service due to Sprint reporting a delinquent balance. HELP!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-PCS/nationwide/Sprint-Rip-Off-of-Deposits-Return-1530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint PCS