Complaint Review: Sprint Pcs

• Submitted: Thu, September 28, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, September 28, 2006

• Reported By:louisville Kentucky
Sprint Pcs
www.sprintpcs.com Kansas City, Alabama U.S.A.

Sprint PCS ripoff sprint cellular Kansas City Alabama

This company continually adds services that you do not ask for to your account. I have on several occasions had to phone them to remove a service that I have not asked for. They disquise it with such things as "first month free" or such things. Because it is "free" at first you notice no difference in your bill, however after a while they start to charge you because you did not tell them that you did not want the service that you never even asked for. I believe that this is much more than a mistake, I thing that it is a company practice.

The other thing that this company does is to renew your contracts without your knowledge. I opened two accounts with a 1 year contract, I was about to change service after a year when I noticed that my contract expiration date had changed on both contracts. But now they were for TWO additional years. I have never received any correspondence or calls regarding extension of my contracts. They now tell me in customer service that I told them to renew the contracts. I know that this is not true because I was counting the months to end their sorry service. Now I'm stuck in eternity of renewed contracts that I will know nothing about when they decide to renew them. There is nothing that I can do but cancel the service while in contract and take a big pre-expiration penalty.

I will also mention that their service continually goes to roam in places that they say that they have service. There have been times that in my own house the phone has gone to roam. This aggravates in more ways than one, when I took out the service I had a no charge roam service that they took a fee out for, now they have no record that the 'no roam charge service" was ever on my account. I just can't believe that the FCC allows this company to get away with this fraudulent activity. I'm sure that the bad practices are widespread with their customer base.

Oliver
louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2006 01:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Pcs/Kansas-City-Alabama/Sprint-PCS-ripoff-sprint-cellular-Kansas-City-Alabama-213136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint Pcs