Complaint Review: Sprint Pcs

• Updated: Sun, May 31, 2009

• Reported By:Lakeway Texas
Sprint Pcs
sprintpcs.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Sprint Pcs Ongoing mistakes and over billing on Sprint PCS billing statements. Nationwide

I too, have been plagued by incorrect billings from Sprint PCS. Over a 3 year period plans were changed without notice and when purchases of new phones were added, plans got changed and charges were frequently duplicated. (ie. I had a plan that allowed 2nd line free and third line for $9.99.

On several ocations I was billed for the primary account -$129 plus tax and SURCHARGES SURCHARGES SURCHARGES- on 2 lines, not just the one as per my plan. Sometimes my bills were as much as $150 over what they could legally bill me.

If a company is consistently overbilling and has a history of doing this frequently, frequently enough to be bringing in millions of $$$$ in overbillings, cant customers put together a mail fraud class action suite? I dont understand why the FBI is not investigating them. (or FTC or some federal agency).

I comoplained to sprint for 3 years on and off, and was reimbursed at least $1,000 during that time for overbillings and bogus changes to my plans. When my surcharges grew to double what they were to start, I tried to cancel my service as I was stated in the Sprint terms, by Sprint themselves. Then they said that there was a limited time window to do this, and I was too late. Isnt that great customer service? I have refused to pay my final bill to Sprint until they remove about $400 more of bogus charges.

Now, after giving Sprint instructions on when to close my accounts so that I would not get any cancellation fees, they have sent my $400 oustanding to a collection without any notice that they were not going to acknowledge my credits. On top of that, since I stopped using the three phones I had with Sprint early (though not cancelled), they are billing me for early cancellation charges of nearly $450.

I would like to join a class action against Sprint for mail fraud if anyone is contemplating such a thing. They cannot have this type of history of consistant overcharges and have their oops excuses be satisfactory answer in court. "Oops we made an error for the ten millionth time, sorry we will credit you."

This strategy is an absolutely riskless means of committing mass fraud on a daily basis to attempt to collect money (massive amounts), and just see who and how many will pay the fraudulent charges. HOw many unsuspecting chumps and sweet old ladies and worse yet mentally challenged individuals like my son, are just getting their bill and paying these bogus fees. Or later being threatened with suspension of service or credit reporting inappropriately?

When will the government recognize that cell phones are more of a utility than land lines ever were. No regulation or under-regulation in this instance is another means for Criminals to print money. Sound familiar? Maybe Spint can get into the mortgage lending/mbs business, given the moral character seen in their business plan over the last 5 years.

Vito
Lakeway, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2009 09:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Pcs/nationwide/Sprint-Pcs-Ongoing-mistakes-and-over-billing-on-Sprint-PCS-billing-statements-Nationwide-457166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint Pcs