Complaint Review: Sprint Phones

• Updated: Fri, June 01, 2012

• Reported By: AK — Antioch Tennessee United States of America
Sprint Phones
6391 Sprint Parkway Overland Park, Kansas United States of America

Sprint Phones Sprint Mobile Phone Services; Fradulant billing for international calls on my mobile phone bill without any proof. Overland Park, Kansas

I switched to Sprint not very long ago and already started experiencing the horror stories people have been telling me about the Sprint. I get my mobile phone bill online every month. My phone bill for the month of May became available few days ago. When I wanted to pay it online, I was shocked to see my bill. It used to be around $140 every month and all of a sudden it went up to $170.80. This was very odd for me, so I decided to call Sprint.

I was checking the website and initiated the chat with a customer support person. He looked nice and told me he will check what is going on. He also mentioned that this chat session and their website may go down for maintenance in a few minutes. After about 5 minutes, I lost the chat session as their website went down for maintenance.

So, I decided to make a phone call instead. The person I spoke told me that there is a 12 minutes International call on my bill to Nicaragua, NM at 12:54 PM, March 13th. [continued below]....
..... I told the person that I never use my cell phone to call any international numbers. Also, I don't have any friend or family living in that part of the world. Why would I call that number? It wasn't an accidental call because call duration is of 12 minutes. He had no answer to my questions and said we have this call from your phone and you are responsible for the payment of this call. I thought, I will try again to call some supervisor or any manager to see if they can help figure this out.

The supervisor said, this call was made from your phone and we can't do anything about it. I asked him, if that call was made from my phone why didn't it show on my April statement with other March calls. How come it ended up on my May Statement instead. He had no reply to that question. It pissed me off really bad, I was thinking of this thing resolved and it wasn't taking me anywhere. He further told me that the call was made to Nicaragua, NM (New Mexico). I asked him, when did we start charging calls to New Mexico as international calls. Is it a new country or what? He was totally ignorant of the world geography and was claiming to be a supervisor. I told him that Nicaragua is a different country and it is not in New Mexico. (I don't have any friend or family in New Mexico or Nicaragua). I told him that I do not use my cell phone for any international calls and my previous statements will proof that claim but he didn't listen to any of the arguments. So, finally I ended the call without any answer to all my questions.

I decided to call Sprint one last time to see if they have any reasonable explanation of these charges. This time the person I talked to was somewhat reasonable in the beginning and she said she may be able to help. After looking at my bill she said the same thing, the call was made from your phone so you are responsible. I asked her, if call was made from my phone, why it is not listed as a outgoing call on my April statement along with other March calls. She said, it must have been an incoming call that is why it is not listed there. I knew, now she is talking non-sense. No cell phone company charges international long distance rates to any incoming call. I mentioned it to her, thanked her and hang up. I knew they are all bunch of non co-operative people who don't work for the interest of the users but they work for the interest of their employer "Sprint", in this case. They simply don't know what they are talking to the customer. Instead of looking at the problem itself, they are making assumptions on their own.

I want this thing settled in the interest of many other Sprint users who don't know how to fight for their rights. That is why, these big corporations are making money by sucking blood of the people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2012 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Phones/Overland-Park-Kansas-66251-4300/Sprint-Phones-Sprint-Mobile-Phone-Services-Fradulant-billing-for-international-calls-on-m-891657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint Phones