Complaint Review: Sprint - Sprint PCS - Sprint Wireless

• Updated: Wed, October 07, 2009

• Reported By: Angi — Juliaetta Idaho USA
Sprint - Sprint PCS - Sprint Wireless
sprintpcs.com Internet United States of America

Sprint - Sprint PCS - Sprint Wireless Nextel Purchased an "unlimited " no roaming charges plan...terminated my account due to excessive roaming Internet

I have been a Sprint customer for 6 years. I have 3 phone lines , on 2 accounts. I live in a rural  (roaming) area and work in a city . 6 years ago when I signed up with Sprint for the first time, I expressed my concern about expensive roaming charges because of where I live. The customer service agent who set me up with the accounts showed me in the plan pamphlet and explained to me that if I chose an all inclusive, unlimited talk, text plan that I would have no roaming charges...they were "unlimited" .

A couple of contract renewals and upgraded phones later, I now have 3 Blackberry's. All you may know, it takes an upgraded unlimited  talk , text and data plan to keep these baby's going ,and my total monthly bill for all 3 phones is $250.00. I was ok with that. I DID NOT sign a new contract with the last upgrade due to my extensive history with the company. I proceeded as normal with the same phone activity's as always.

On October 5th , out of nowhere, my daughter comes to me and says that her phone won't call out or receive calls. So I call Sprint, and they tell me the account, and phone number have been terminated. When I questioned it they explained that there were too many roaming minutes used in this billing cycle and that was grounds for account termination.

They claim that they left a voicemail (1) to let us know that they were going to do it!  A voice mail....nothing in writing...no actual person to person interaction. So the people who dont have a voice mail box set up are really out of luck!

They said that these terms were in the contract, which I did not sign, and that "unlimited" really didn't mean unlimited when it comes to roaming minutes , even though I have free roaming...I am SO confused.

I am currently fighting to have the payment that I made on the account just days prior, refunded to me as well as an early termination fee , for an account that I have no contract on and I didn't personaly terminate.

Horribly mean customer service agents , horrible business practices! 6 years and literally thousands of $ later...not very happy

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2009 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Sprint-PCS-Sprint-Wireless/internet/Sprint-Sprint-PCS-Sprint-Wireless-Nextel-Purchased-an-unlimited-no-roaming-charges-505621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint - Sprint PCS - Sprint Wireless