Complaint Review: Sprint Store

• Submitted: Fri, February 27, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 27, 2009

• Reported By:n/a Texas
Sprint Store
Ingram Rd San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

Sprint Store Dont believe them, theyre tricky San Antonio Texas

I took my phone here b/c the screen was dead. I asked if they could repair it, they said sure. It comes back as quickly as it left and MATT states that 'you need a new phone, it cant be repaired.'

Okay, I picked one out and he said that it doesnt fit into my plan. I ask which one does fit my plan, 'none.'
So I said, SO I cant get a replacement phone. "Yes, but you have to get a new plan." He looked at my old one and stated that it would also effect my other phone*Husbands and daughter* plans. So he calculated a total of over $500 in 3 new plans and one new phone.

I asked about it being insured that it shouldnt effect my plan. He just said 'yes it will so get a new plan." I felt uneasy and just said 'you know, have the guy in the back see what he can do with my old phone."

"FINE!!" matt said and grabbed the phone from my hand and stormed off to the back. He then shoves a receipt in my hand and I ask 'whats this?" "Read it." Rude no.

Basically it said I could pick up my phone in a few days. Matt glared at me as I left. I complained to the manager about his attitude but he just blew me off b/c he 'understood why matt is angery."

So I called to see if my phone was in. When it would 'connect' to Customer service, I'd get the dial tone. So, I DROVE to this place and asked if my phone was ready. It was.

So, now matt wasnt in but a girl named kim helped me. Kim reluctantly stated that my phone was unrepairable. Yes I was angery but she said 'I took the liberty of ordering you a replacement phone."

"WAIT so I have to pay for a new plan?!" "no, its covered in your insurance and plan. This is a replacement phone and you dont have to get a new plan." I told her what matt stated about and she said' oh, he's like that."

SO, if your phone is broken, dont GET A NEW phone but push for a replacement that will not change you plan. As one person stated, They just "ommit certain truths" at the sprint store.

I have a old plan from 2004ish *nonstop free texting, interent and minutes sprint to sprint* No wonder they tried to trick me to believe to get a new plan. No wonder matt was angery, he didnt get a sale, jerk.

Kim, thank you very much.

n/a, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2009 03:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Store/San-Antonio-Texas-78229/Sprint-Store-Dont-believe-them-theyre-tricky-San-Antonio-Texas-429179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint Store