Complaint Review: Sprint Store

• Submitted: Thu, June 16, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, June 16, 2005

• Reported By:Sterling hgts Michigan
Sprint Store
13955 Hall Rd Shelby Township, Michigan U.S.A.

Sprint Store Ripoff Charged for work on a phone when it is covered by a warranty. Shelby Township Michigan

Approx 1 month after recieving my Sanyo-8200 phone from Sprint, a small piece of plastic cracked on the inside housing. The piece is less then 1MM in size and height, and almost impossible for a human to physically cracking it off unless a tool it taken to it, which other physical damage to the phone would be present.

On the night of June 16th, I took my phone to the Sprint store on Hall Rd to have the phone worked on, as per the 1 year warranty offered from Sprint. I arrived back at the store 1 hour later, and was notified that the phone is done, and I will be charged $21.20. I did not authorize the repairs to the phone for a charge, nor was I notified of charges before the repairs took place.

The technition advised me that the phone was physically damaged, and that they do not perform warranty work on a phone that has physical damage to it. He gave me a halfa**ed excuse to what could have done this damage, and when I asked for more information, he refused to give it to me as the ways that he said could break it, could not add up. He said that the phone had other minor scratches on it, so that leads him to assume that I broke it from abuse. The minor scratches were from laying on cement.

I took my phone from the store, and they assessed a $21.20 charge onto my account. When I asked what the charge was for, they said that its $20 for labor, and $1.20 for tax. As far as I am advised from my laywers in the past, a merchant or company cannot charge a client for tax on labor performance, only parts.

The store manager on duty and tecnition were very rude, and not helpful what so ever. I am now taking this up with the district manager, and store owner. Along with speaking to other customers in the store, they were also told not to go to this store, as they are very unhelpful. I am not the first person to have problems with this store.

David
Sterling hgts, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2005 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Store/Shelby-Township-Michigan-48317/Sprint-Store-Ripoff-Charged-for-work-on-a-phone-when-it-is-covered-by-a-warranty-Shelby-T-146481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint Store