Complaint Review: Sprint Telephone

• Submitted: Tue, July 31, 2001
  • Updated: Thu, August 09, 2001

• Reported By:Pleasant Hill MO
Sprint Telephone
PO BOX 219505 Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.

Sprint Telehone Incorrect Billing ripoff , Watch Your Bill Closely *Consumer Suggestions

*0: *Consumer Suggestion

I have more then one complaint on this company and will list them in each post.

My first complaint is Sprint Telephone service incorrect billing. We have been with Sprint phone service for as long as I can remember and I even use to work for Sprint for 6 months and quit.

Here is how it works, and by the way we have caught this 3 times and I just wonder how many times we did not catch it and paid the full bill.

My wife and I go on vacation and forgot to pay our phone bill. When we come back we have a bill saying:

183.30 due by August 14, 2001

Then 5 days later we receive a IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM SPRINT letter about our phone bill being 1 month past due and saying we owe 362.90 and it is due by August 5 or they are shutting the phone off.

We call the customer service number and they tell us they show us 1 month past due and 183.30 due. They tell us they dont show a notice going out like that saying this. When I told the lady we have had this happen 2 other times in the last 2 years show just kind of blows it off. I informed her I am watching every bill and will not be SCAMED BY THERE LATE BILLING SCAM. She just kind of thought it was funny and said we are not trying to scam you and acted as if she did not beleave what I was telling her. I have both bills to proof this but they wont listen to me. I am wondering how many of these in the past 8 years I have just paid and got ripped off because I was past due and did not want my phone shut off so I just paid what they asked.

I then starting asking about getting copies of my past phone bills then she started arguing with me and then said it would cost me about 55.00 for each year of phone bills.

What is Sprint doing, what is going on with them. This is crazy and they should be sued over it. Any suggestions on what I should do about this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Telephone/Kansas-City-Missouri-64121-9505/Sprint-Telehone-Incorrect-Billing-ripoff-Watch-Your-Bill-Closely-Consumer-Suggestions-5987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint Telephone

#1 0

AUTHOR: - ()

#2 0

*Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: - ()

This email is a rebuttal to RipOff #5987.

It was sent by Chris at hereinstlouis@yahoo.com.

Sprint Telehone Incorrect Billing ripoff , Watch Your Bill Closely (#5987)

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: hereinstlouis@yahoo.com

Their name: Chris

Their relationship to the company: Consumer Suggestion

The same thing happened to me with Sprint. I was browsing the listings and thought this was hilarious because it sounded so similar.

I went to college (in Missouri), and I changed my address in May to my new address since I was graduating. My "final" bill arrived at my new address, and it was the normal 20-something dollars, so I paid it. Well, weeks went by and then I started getting overdue notices...they arrived on yellow paper, then orange, and then orange-red!! Each was for increasing

amounts -- $85, $160, $220!

The thing was - they were actually from an independent collection agency working on behalf of Sprint. When I called the agency, the little trailer-trash lady that answered wouldn't even give me her address...she wanted my checking account number! Get this - she wouldn't even take a credit card (not that I was going to give it to her - I just couldn't believe she had to have a bank account number)! What a load of bull. I

called Sprint up and told them to rectify my account. Finally, the third person I talked to (after the third overdue notice) said that I actually had a refund coming after a little yelling and swearing. Sounds like he was trained to get me frustrated and hang up, thus allowing them to continue selling falsely-overdue accounts to a 3rd party agency.

My suggestion is to call Sprint and have your bills and cancelled checks in front of you. Tell them you will call the attorney general's office if you get another overdue notice and you want it cleared NOW. Call the hick little collection agency and tell them the same thing, and you had better not see another one of their orange little pieces of paper in your mailbox

again. It worked for me.