Complaint Review: Sprint Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, May 01, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 14, 2008

• Reported By:Cuyahoaga Falls Ohio
Sprint Wireless
2001 Edmund Halley Drive Reston, Virginia U.S.A.

Sprint Wireless Continue to bill you after your phone is suspended. Reston Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Try this

A year ago I let my Sprint Wireless phone contract that I had for 4 years on 3 phones expire and continued to pay monthly. I continuously received calls about renewing my contract, but was not sure if I wanted to continue with Sprint or try another company. Well about 6 months ago my wife's phone finally got to the end of its life so we stopped using it and put it in a drawer. We were not sure if we were going to keep Sprint then so we did not cancel we just kept the number. It was part of the $5.00 a month extra phone they charge you. Well at the end of Feb. we decide to change to Verizon since my wife finally received a cell phone for work from Verizon and calls between us would not be charged. During the change I only changed 2 of the 3 numbers and was told that the account would be closed with Sprint. I was under the impression that if I cancel the main number with Sprint the entire account would be closed. Well April comes around and I get a bill from Sprint for $210 dollars. I think ok that is from the previous months no problem. A month goes by and I still haven't payed them and I get another bill for $310.

I finally realize something is not right and call. I politely explain the miss understanding to see if we can get things squared away. I commit to the $210 charge and say I have no problems paying this, is there anyway that we can get the last $100 taken down I will pay this today. I am told that each number is a separate contract and each one has to be cancelled or ported to another company in order to for the account to be considered closed. The number for the other phone which has no activity on it in 3 or 4 months was suspended and they just keep billing you your full amount. I say I would like to close this account today. She says that since we are in the middle of a billing cycle we cannot cancel your account until the end of the billing cycle and I will have to pay another $100 for the entire month of May. I don't know about you, but every other service provider has the ability to pro-rate your service. ( phone,cable,gas,electric ) Where in the world do you consider this to be an ethical means to doing business. I am a father of an autistic child and do my best to manage every cent that I can, so you can see the frustration I have with this sort of greed that just infests the business community of this country. It is quite obvious that this company as do many plays the game and just feeds of the ignorance of
innocent people for a profit. I will never as long as live recommend or receive services from Sprint. God Bless you all!

To plan evil is as wrong as doing it! Proverbs 24:8

D
Cuyahoaga Falls, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2008 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Wireless/Reston-Virginia-20191/Sprint-Wireless-Continue-to-bill-you-after-your-phone-is-suspended-Reston-Virginia-329967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint Wireless

Try this

AUTHOR: Naomiowins - (U.S.A.)

You should not give up on this issue. The same thing happened to me. My boyfriend lost his phone and I didn't want to pay the early t. fee so i just suspended his line but didn't mind paying for his phone cuz i had only 2 months left till my contract was over.

I called to end my contract at the end of the billing period and I was so happy my 2 years was finally up! then i got an e-mail stating that i had an invoice from sprint. It showed my b/f line and i called them right away.

I told them I called in to cancel my contract before and everything is under my name and i opened them all on the same day. I also explained to them why i shouldn't have to pay for something that should have ended and had no activity on the line for 3 months. Of course I got transferred a few times but it did get resolved.

then it took 3 months after that to actually get credited back the payment to show my line as having a 0 balance. BE AGGRESSIVE!