Complaint Review: Sprint Wireless

• Reported By: lucas2lucas — north las vegas Nevada United States of America
Sprint Wireless
2 easton oval ste 400 Internet United States of America

Sprint Wireless Fraud!! , Internet

I ordered phones and received phones from Sprint on June 3rd decided didnt want service and was advised to return the phones to a Sprint Corp store and I did on June 4th.  The box Phones came in was never opened or activated when i returned them to the store.  I received credit for the purchase the phones 3 days later.  I then received a email that my bill was ready for 173.46. I first ignored it because i returned and canceled on June 4th. But i thought i better call to make sure that everything.  I was advised that they received the phones and cancellation and didnt know why a bill was generated.  The rep said she would enter notes explaining service was canceled.

Then on June 27th i notice a Sprint took 173.46 out of my checking account.  I called customer care and was told because you have auto bill pay and your cycle date was the 3rd it took payment.  I asked if my account and service was canceled on the June 4th why would they take any money out.  I demanded they returned the funds back to my checking account they said they can only return 147.00 because of an activation fee and i will receive a refund check for 147.00 when the account cycle again which is July 7th.  I explained i canceled and returned unopened phones the next day and never activated the phones so what activation fee and why do i have to wait 10 days to receive money that should have never been taken out of my account in the first place and if i owed an activation fee why didnt they only authorize the activation fee instead of taken the full amount of 173.46.  I asked to speak to a supervisor the with no results then i asked to speak to a manager and the person who said they was the supervisor said she is also the manager .lol ..wow!! Then i was transferred to financial service.  I asked the rep for his supervisor and was told one moment and left me on hold for 40 mins and disconnected the call without coming back.  I called back and had to explain all over again and transferred again and on hold again for 30 mins and was told i had to wait until the cycle ends and a refund check of 147.00 will be mailed to me.

This is fraud!!!  how is it legal to use an debit card after the company received the equipment back and account canceled within their company return and cancelation policy allowed to use your checking account for any amount and then admit it shouldnt have happen but we are going to hold your money for 10 days and by the way take out an activation fee just because they can because they have your debit card information.  Plain and simple fraud!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2012 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint-Wireless/internet/Sprint-Wireless-Fraud-Internet-904154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint Wireless