Complaint Review: Sprint

• Submitted: Thu, November 20, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, November 20, 2003

• Reported By:Wheaton Illinois
Sprint
9401 Williamsburg Plaza #100 Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

SprintPCS Deceptive Billing Practices ripoff Louisville Kentucky

My girlfriend and I both have SprintPCS phones which I pay for under one account. Every night, we call each other at 9pm so that the minutes we use to talk go toward our night time minutes and not our "anytime" minutes. Often, we would call at exactly 9pm trusting that the time displayed on the telephone (not adjustable) would be the same as the time that they bill by.

We learned very recently that this is not so. On my most recent bill, I was charged $69.20 in additional charges because of 15 calls that supposedly originated at 8:58 or 8:59 pm. I know for a fact that our phones said 9pm when we made the calls - we would not have made them otherwise.

I called customer service twice. Both times, I was told that they would credit half of the charges but not all of them. That they found my story "hard to believe." They told me that we needed to take our phones to a Sprint store to have them checked out. The nearest one that my girlfriend could get to is an hour away from where she lives. She drove the hour out there only to have the staff there laugh at her, tell her there was nothing wrong with the phone, and (unbelievably) offer to sell her another plan with more minutes.

Benjamin
Wheaton, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2003 11:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint/Louisville-Kentucky-40222/SprintPCS-Deceptive-Billing-Practices-ripoff-Louisville-Kentucky-72620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint