Complaint Review: Sprint

• Updated: Sat, June 25, 2011

• Reported By: John — Tampa Florida United States of America
Sprint
4022 Tampa Rd Oldsmar, Florida United States of America

Sprint Store Manager at the Oldsmar Florida print Store (Daniel) Deceitful Sales Tactics and Illegal Practices Oldsmar, Florida

We were eligible for an early upgrade on one of our phones on a plan that has 4 phones on it this past May.  We were taken care of in our local Oldsmar Florida store by the store manager named Daniel.  He told us there would be no activation charge and our plan would not change.  We have 3 Smartphones out of 4 and have had our plan for over a year.

Apparently, on January of this year, on all new smart phones there is a NEW $10 per month additional Data charge.  Bet sprint never told you this because they LIE to their customers.

We just received our Bill and were charged $30 additional dollars for 3 Smartphones plus proration of $25 for 3 Smartphones plus an activation fee of $20 plus the extra taxes they love to throw on their.  A total of almost $100 additional on our bill.  Now the Store manager Daniel told us there would be no changes to our plan.  I also found out, that this $30 additional per month would be on every bill moving forward. I never signed for this stating I new this and so that is Illegal.

Did he tell me about the $10 additional charges for a Smartphone???? NO!!!!  Did I sign anything in the store stating I new this????  NO!!!!

I called corporate and they want to pass the buck back to the store and make me drive an hour round trip and wait in the store an hour to get their lies corrected.  They also can't tell me who Daniel's boss is.  Corporate has no idea what their stores are doing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2011 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint/Oldsmar-Florida-34677/Sprint-Store-Manager-at-the-Oldsmar-Florida-print-Store-Daniel-Deceitful-Sales-Tactics-a-745466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint