Complaint Review: Sprint

• Submitted: Thu, December 29, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 29, 2011

• Reported By: B — Minneapolis Minnesota United States of America

Sprint 4G unlimited, bait and switch by Sprint Internet

I signed up for Sprint's internet data card which was 4G unlimited for $35 / month.  I confirmed with the sales associate as I didn't want to deal with any additional charges.  They assured me that as long as I was in a 4G area I would not receive any additional charges.  I looked at my bill this past month and discovered that Sprint charged me an additional $195.  When I called them they stated they changed my plan as they no longer offer the unlimited 4G service.  I asked them how they can just change my plan without my authorization and that person gave me the prepared script of how it is in the contract that Sprint can change my plan at any time.  I am still fighting them to try to get the charged refunded and I have to switch as I am 7 days into my current billing cycle and already maxed out on the usage they allow with this new plan.  Of course if I want to cancel the service they are right there informing me that I have an early termination fee of $170.

This is a bait and switch tactic to charge additional fees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2011 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint/internet/Sprint-4G-unlimited-bait-and-switch-by-Sprint-Internet-815273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint