Complaint Review: Sprint

• Updated: Sat, July 28, 2007

• Reported By:Irvine California
Sprint
www.sprint.com Internet U.S.A.

Sprint - Nextel Cell Phone Company customer service fiasco ripoff Kansas City Missouri Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Karen, hope this helps!

*Consumer Comment: I know what your going through

I am glad I am not alone in the customer service issues with Sprint.I have been a family plan 4 plus a modem phone for lap top 5 lines with sprint for a long time. Since they charge my credit card monthly I never was a "problem" customer. I pay between 200 to 260 monthly. I really never had a problem until May '07 I was checking on my account via the auto services and heard a charge of $347. I was sure this was an error and called the rep. After waiting for about 30 mins I finally got a service rep who told me the reason for the high balance was I had canceled one of my sons cell ph acct thus the charge was $150.00. I explained I did not cancel and to please restore it and credit my account. After being on hold for a while I was finally told it was indeed a error and I would get a credit.

Before finalizing the call I was abruptly disconnected.I then called back and waited longer and finally got a different customer rep and had to explain all over again the situation.I was on hold while waiting for this rep to finish it all up and restore my sons phone and after being told a 2nd time I would get a 150 credit I was again abruptedly cut off! After two hours of my time I could not believe this was happening!

I was so hoping the same rep would surely call me back, but nooooooo! Then a strange thing happend, my phone stop working! I could not make calls or any or recieve calls! I could call *2 for customer service. I then placed a 3rd

I call again and waited 30 mins to talk to yet another rep and by this time I told them not to let the phone disconnect! I was worn out! But this was only the beginning! When this 3rd rep asked for my name and # he said the PH# I gave him was not right! Incredulous I said it was the same # I have had for a long while and after being placed on hold he came back and told me one of the previous two reps I spoke to changed my phone #!!!!!@

I could not believe this was happening! The original problem was still there!! I was so tired and just wanted to be done with it already, this 3rd rep promised me over and over that everything would be fixed and that in 4 hours my phone would be working again and my sons phone would be working again and the $150 credit would be surely given. The "supervisor" would do an "investigation" of this incident and just give them 4 hours!

This was last May and i am still waiting. I checked my credit card and it was indeed charged $347! It am so busy as it is and so overwhelmed by the incompetance I cannot express fully how I feel about this company and their lack of quality of customer care. Believe it or not but it's true, I could not bring myself to go through another nightmare experience that I did not call them back until July 15th'07.

Actually it was my husband after asking me countless times if I called them back, tired of my antiexty issues about making the call-called himself and and he himself was "disconnected". He was not yelling or anything.The first time time he called, after giving my social sec # the rep with the heavy indian accent disconnected! I called back concerned about my social sec being given to I Don't know who! I of course had to wait a while and then this yet another service rep said he couldn't he could'nt hear me would call me back.

My husband gave him his cell phone # and he did call right back.But guess what? That's right after my husband explained everything to him the phone ot disconneted! My husband was just speechless. I have told all my family and my sister insist we go to the sprint store since calling hasn't worked. The people in the San Jose , Ca sprint store were very nice and concerned about my situation and so they called the customer service themselves.The store rep urged me to take the phone from him to give it another shot. I did. I was never so rudely interrupted by anyone much less a "customer service" rep! I tried very patiently to explain to this guy what had happened. He was telling me all that happened could not have happened that basically I caused it. Yep, that's right I am a masochist or a sicko. For sure I thought this is the Twilight Zone but no it's the SPRINT TWILIGHT ZONE!

I was so insulted by this jerk I gave the ph back to the store guy who quietly tried to reason with him and practically begged him to credit the $150 bucks.The store guy then urged me to try and just listen to what this customer service from HELL had to say to me so I relented and took the phone and all over again had to be subjected to this jerk who told me he would give me the $150 credit but ONLY if I to agreed that I basically caused all the problems and if I did not go along the he would not give the credit and would have to refer me to the fraud dept.EXCUSE ME? I told MR. Sprint Customer Service From Hell

I could not go along because it was not true and therefore gave the phone back to the poor guy who unfortunately works for the most unbelievable
nastiest weck of a company in terms of customer service in the world!

I was going to call back and tale to a manager or someone in authority.

I will call the State Attorney Generals office and also the Consumer Affairs office to let them know what Sprint is doing. There is Fraud alright and they are the ones causing it!

By the way my phone did not work for over 2 months because they took my ph# and changed it. I just found out they they gave it to someone else!They gave different cell ph # . The nice guy in the store activated it yesterday and told me what the new # was. The jerk on the phone totally ignored my question about why my cell # was taken from me and given to someone else!

I will take a lie detector test and prove everything I have stated here is the truth! Why would I caused all this headache for myself. I was a great customer with a big account who paid every month without fail! I cannot undertand why a company would treat good paying customers this way?

Karen
Irvine, California

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Sprint

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2007 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint/internet/Sprint-Nextel-Cell-Phone-Company-customer-service-fiasco-ripoff-Kansas-City-Missouri-Int-261695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint

Karen, hope this helps!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Karen, I am a sprint employee but do not speak on sprint's behalf. Just hoping to give you some info that may help.

If your issue has not been resolved, I would advise you to go onto sprint.com and click on contact us and inform the executive division of all the problems. There is a link there that allows you to send comments directly, but there are also some phone numbers there. I'm sorry to hear that you had such poor service on the phone. Believe me when I tell you that the reps were not intentionally disconnecting your calls. There are provisions in place as far as that is concerned. They may not have called you back because as soon as your call dropped,the next call in line comes through immediatley and the rep then has no choice but to service that customer.

Also anytime you call into customer servc a password is required, if you dont know that password your social can be used (which is going to change soon, you must know the password-which the account holder can retrieve at the sprint store with a valid i.d) or the rep can not give you any info at all. Another reason that your social may have been requested is that if the phone # was changed the social is the next option for the rep to pull your account. Hope this helps to get your situation resolved and bring your stress level down.

I know what your going through

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

I had been a sprint customer for 2 years with no problems my contract was due to be reuped so I did another 2 year they gave me new free phones, free activation free shipping for re up thats when my problems began, the phones they sent had numbers on them (not mine) I called customer service and they ported my numbers to the new phone and said all was well, HAHAHAH 10 days later I recieved a bill for 174.90 for an account and phone numbers I had never had. I called 10 times and was on hold for 8 plus hour befor I finally thought I got it fixed NOT. Today I recieved a letter from sprint collection dept saying if I didnt pay 106.00 my phones would be disconected. (Not my acutal phone) but the numbers I never had the phone were numbers from Michigan I live in Ga. Im just waiting for this to show on my credit report if it does im going to sue. I have tried for 2 months countless hours on hold and talking to sprint clueless customer service Im done. O yes it was on my local news report tonight that sprint was canceling peoples contracts for calling customer service too much HAHAHAHA. If they would correct the problem we wouldnt have to keep calling. I hope they do cancel my contract I welcome it