Complaint Review: Sprint

• Submitted: Tue, October 30, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 01, 2012

• Reported By: Jason R — Laguna Woods California United States of America
Sprint

Sprint Sprint Ripped me off, destroyed my credit. Will join any class action lawsuit, Internet

*General Comment: sprint is lying about my old bill

*Author of original report: Jerk

*Consumer Comment: So....

I signed up for the "Unlimited data" plan. What a joke. Within 3 months I was contacted by a representative and told I was "over" my data limit. I informed him there must be a mistake, as I had the unlimited plan. I was then told that I had to purchase a "hot spot" for an additional 30 bucks a month..and here's the REAL reason..hot spots are limited to 5Gb a month-about 1 movie. I refused and READ HIM MY CONTRACT, specificaly, the "unlimited data" part. A cool silence followed, ending with him telling me he "Would not argue"(?) with me, and that my service was to be cut, and to add insult to injury, I was responsible for the cutoff fee. It was obvious that I was speaking to the designated "yes, we are screwing you" guy, as he had nothing but hostility and insults. This was a man that gets yelled at daily. 2 weeks later, I got a whopping 318 dollar bill in the mail, which I, of course, refused to pay. A dozen phone calls and 5 store visits got me nowhere, again and again I was told, "So Sue Us"...My credit is now ruined, as I refuse to pay their illegal "bill" I will join any class action lawsuit, even travel to other states if neccesary. This has got to stop

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2012 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint/internet/Sprint-Sprint-Ripped-me-off-destroyed-my-credit-Will-join-any-class-action-lawsuit-Int-962272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint

#1 General Comment

sprint is lying about my old bill

AUTHOR: Hurting - (United States of America)

sprint internet never gave me a contract to how their services was going to work. they promised me 4g and i never used that much before they shut off my service and even after i paid the bill.  i talked to another phone internet carrier and they told me 4g should have lasted a whole month for the reason i would be using the internet and it did not they gave me one week of service and then added more charges to my account. they are trying to ruin my credit.  what can i do?

Jerk

AUTHOR: Jason R - (United States of America)

Hey Robert..do me a favor..Go pound salt. Hard. A lot of times(You know what that means, don't you Robert?)..OC A-HOLE. As A med student, I don't have money to hire an attorney. I know, like speaking a foreign language..don't have enough money? What does that mean? You, Sir remind me why I moved out of Irvine to Belmont Shore..sure, I'm not nearly as close to school, but I don't have neighbors like you. Lazy..what a laugh. Yea, there are a lot of lazy 2nd year interns all right..

So....

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Why wait for a "Class Action Lawsuit". Get off your lazy fat a** and file suit yourself.

Sorry if that is too strong of a statement for you.  But if you even knew a single thing about Class Actions you would realize that it is just a money maker for the Lawyers and principal plaintiff.  Any member of the "class" basically gets nothing..well perhaps you would get 1 or 2 months of free service.

Not only that you can't just go and file a Class Action Suit.  You have to have a suit and a judge has to agree and give it "Class Status".  If your contract is as you say, and  you have proof that they cancelled your service for that reason.  It is unlikely that you would have any issue finding a lawyer.  If it is as solid as you think there is a good chance that the lawyer would do it on contingency and you wouldn't need to pay a single cent up front and they would go for the Class Status.