- Report: #689883
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Sprint
SprintInternet United States of America
Sprint Won't Live Up to Its Promises Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. I bought the Samsung Intercept Dec. 26th from sprint.com.
2. The phone has been nothing but problems even after many visits to the Sprint Store.
3. I e-mailed Bridgette Finch, an Executive Services Analyst, at Sprint to send me a UPS return label for the phone.
4. I tried to purchase the LG S phone from Sprint.com, but they wanted $300 for it.
5. I e-mailed Bridgette Finch again on January 28th to just send me the LG S phone, but she never responded. I e-mailed her again a couple days ago, but again I didn't receive a response.
6. I chatted with Sprint (see chat below) at sprint.com. They said they would reset my eligibility for a phone upgrade. I asked if I could go to Radio Shack to buy a new phone at the upgrade price today. They said yes.
7. Since UPS is coming to pick up the Intercept phone from me today, I had to have my new phone today.  I braved the big Midwest snow storm and went to Radio Shack, but they said I was not eligible for a phone upgrade.
8. I called Sprint from Radio Shack. After being transferred, they said they could try to reset the eligibility. I waited on the phone standing at Radio Shack for probably about a half hour. They finally got it to work.
9. I hung up with Sprint.Radio Shack started to ring me up for the phone, but they said there would be a $10 plan premium fee on my plan if I went through the phone purchase. He said that fee could not be waived and went into affect Feb. 1st. I am not paying a $10 fee premium, especially since this should have been resolved by Sprint in January. You won't have anything but hassle with Sprint.Stay away from this company
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 12:12 PM
To: Subject: Your Sprint Web Transcript Your session ID for this incident is 2092107.
Time 02/02/2011 12:05:58PM
Details 02/02/2011 12:05:58PM
(Letoya N.) System: "Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Letoya N..
" William: "Sprint sent me a UPS return shipping label to send back the Samsung Intercept I just bought from sprint.com. I bought it an the upgrade price. A few days ago I tried to purchase a new phone from sprint.com but it wouldn't give me the upgrade price because the system doesn't know I'm returning this phone.
02/02/2011 12:06:37PM Agent (Letoya N.): "I understand that you wish to reset your upgrade eligibility." 02/02/2011 12:06:51PM
William: "I can't wait any longer for the phone. I need a working phone. I'm just going to run to Radio Shack today to buy a new phone but I need you to make sure it goes through as an upgrade price."
02/02/2011 12:07:13PM Agent (Letoya N.): "I will check this for you."
02/02/2011 12:08:15PM Agent (Letoya N.): "I am happy to help you. Please give me a moment to look into it."
02/02/2011 12:10:10PM Agent (Letoya N.): "I have noticed that you are eligible for an upgrade. Please be assured you will not face any problem you can visit radio shack to collect the new phone at online price. One of our specialists will assist you in providing you a new phone at online price. You can also ask them to check the account notes.
02/02/2011 12:10:43PM Agent (Letoya N.): "You will not face any problem."
02/02/2011 12:11:03PM William: "ok because when i tried to do it at sprint.com, it wanted $300 for the LG Optimus
02/02/2011 12:11:26PM Agent (Letoya N.): "Please be assured it will cost you $49.99."
02/02/2011 12:11:33PM William: "ok"
02/02/2011 12:11:36PM Session Ended
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2011 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint/internet/Sprint-Wont-Live-Up-to-Its-Promises-Internet-689883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)