• Report: #193476

• Reported By:Corpus Christi Texas
Sprint
Internet U.S.A.

Sprint nightmare harrassing Sprint calls Internet

*Consumer Comment: sprint has transfered my account over to a collection & they are calling me 3 times a d

*Consumer Comment: Just ignore the sprint bloger

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: brought to light

*Consumer Comment: Sprint Not So Bad!!!

I started to get a phone online from Sprint, but never completed the information online because I changed my mind. But, too late, they had my home address. They sent me the phone. i took it in to the local Sprint location and told them I did not want the phone and did not want the account. They "cancelled" the account I never had!!!

The bills started coming on an account I never had. I ignored them. Then the phone calls started. I answered once and told them I never had a Sprint account and hung up. Now I don't answer, but they call from 2 to 8 times a day. Once, they called 4 times in one hour.They are the worst company in the world, and I tell everybody not to get tangled with SPRINT!!

Dolores
Corpus Christi, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2006 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sprint/internet/Sprint-nightmare-harrassing-Sprint-calls-Internet-193476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Know, sprint has transfered my account over to a collection & they are calling me 3 times a day but I refuse to answer the phone!, I have made a complaint to the attorney general office & the better business bureau & if i.c. systems keeps calling me 3 times a day I will report them to the phone company!. I, had nothing but bad service from sprint with the warranty issue failing to replace my defective phone while the phone was still in warranty I feel I should not have to pay this bill sense sprint would not honor my phones warranty!, & have the nerve to send the account over to collection!. I, cancelled this service! I.C systems has a rude awakening I will make my own report agaisnt sprint also!.

Just ignore the sprint bloger

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Just ignore the sprint bloger charlie, this is not a satisfied custormer charlie is just here defending sprint

sprint has hundreds of complaints with the better business bureau, I had to cancel my sprint service because they failed to honor my phones warranty & replace my defective phones they cheated me out of my money for the two warrantys I had to pay for.

Sprint fails, to honor warranties for their phones look @ all the unhappy custormers from sprint on this website who says the same thing, I will not make sprint rich anymore I cancelled my service & will never purchase a cell phone from sprint again after the unfair treatment they treated me with!.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

brought to light

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

As an ex-employee(supervisor) for sprint, this is what i would have probably said taking that call:

1)Sprint.com and all subdomains, or for any respectable website for that matter, do not ship out products without complete information. That means you would have had to have given all required data, including your credit card #. Sprint does not ship out phones just coz they feel like it. It is not only for your benefit but also for sprints because if a phone is returned they do not make a profit(14 day risk free trial). And the webmaster would not be that stupid, and it would be so wrong that it blows my mind(Sprint would be sending cellphones to 10 year olds!!! because they filled out an address). Once all requested information is entered and you hit the "Accept" button to complete the registration... that's it, there's no turning back. If it so happens that you change your mind after hitting that button, it would be too late the information has already been sent to the web server. It is that way for any website that uses server side languages ASP,CGI etc... Not just sprint, making almost any order, anywhere.

2)The phone was not returned properly. Phones purchased online have to be sent in by mail. the only time a phone can be returned at a store is if it was purchased there. I believe the reason for this for example, is that sprint supplies phones specifically to be available online so, if it was returned at a specific store it messes up the inventory and it would be much more chaotic than just having 3 separate entities (over the phone,online and store)that have separate inventory than just one because there is no way to coordinate this.

3)Phone service was not cancelled correctly. Only you can cancel your service not that pimply faced teenager at the store. The only way this can be done is over the phone. Sprint spends millions for it's cancellation departments just "not" to let the store guys do it.//

Sprint Not So Bad!!!

AUTHOR: Charlie - (U.S.A.)

First of all, I doubt seriously that Sprint/Nextel would sign you up unless you requested. What is my reasoning for saying that. Simply because they have 27 million subscribers. They have the least amount of complaints from the better business bureau. I have Sprint and Honestly want to say that I love the service. They are always very friendly and I haven't had a problem with them at all. Now if in the future I do, you can bet your bottom dollar i'll be here with you....I just don't think a company with 27 million customers would try something like that. Simply because it serves them no purpose at all. I have a business and I promise you should use Sprint...they are great!