Complaint Review: Sprint/Nextel Cell Phone Service

• Updated: Fri, April 04, 2008

• Reported By:Elkhorn Wisconsin
Sprint/Nextel Cell Phone Service
sprint.com Internet U.S.A.

Sprint/Nextel Cell Phone Service Monthly cutoff of service due to fradulant charges on account Internet

A thrid unauthorized party was able to add 3 phone packages along with purchasing 3 additional phones onto my account back in January of 08. They also changed my billing address so that I would not receive my monthly statements. The phones and billing statements where being sent to an unknown address in the chicago area. It was in Febuary that I contacted Sprint/Nextel to notifiy them that I had not received a January Statement. It was than I was told of the additional charges on my account and change of address. They put me thru to one of there Frad department investigators to file a complaint and correct the situation. They assured me this would be taken off my account, but would take a couple of billing cycles to do so.

Since than my service has been disconnected twice due to not paying the full balance. The unauthorized charges added in January amounted to $1,800.00.
After my first disconnection in on March 4th, I called and made a payment over the phone to re-activate my service with the understanding that this would not happen again...this is what the representative had assured me.

I received a bill on March 10th with $800.00 of the $1,800 unauthorized charges still on my account. I made a payment for my orginal phone package. And once that checked had cleared..I was again disconnected due to not paying the full balance.

BY THE WAY MY NEIGHBOR HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN ON HIS NEXTEL/SPRINT ACCOUNT BACK IN DECEMBER. AND IS STILL TRYING TO STRAIGHTEN OUT HIS ACCOUNT WITH NEXTEL.

Steve
Elkhorn, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2008 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SprintNextel-Cell-Phone-Service/internet/SprintNextel-Cell-Phone-Service-Monthly-cutoff-of-service-due-to-fradulant-charges-on-acc-323602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint/Nextel Cell Phone Service