Complaint Review: Spy Shops Of New York, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, February 14, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, February 14, 2014

• Reported By: Greg — New York New York
Spy Shops Of New York, Inc.
138 East 34th Street New York City, New York USA

Spy Shops Of New York, Inc. Spy Shops Inc., Spy Shop Inc. Spy Shops International, spy34.com Employee SCAMMED me. Told me product was 8GM @ $329.00. Gave me 4GM. Would not refund different my money! New York City New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Never Happened, Customer is not correct.

I was totally ripped off.  Salesman sold me a 8 gm usb voice recorder for $358.00 in cash.  But, then salesman gave me model mq-u300 with 4gm which is for sale online at $139.99-$169.99.  Scam!  When I called the store 30 minutes later they said the salesman was gone for the day.  Man who answered the phone would not help me when I expained what happened. Salesman was laughing at me.   I asked for the owners name and he would not give me that information.

He said "all sales are final" "no returns."  He did the quick switch on me.  Sad sitution for a retail store in new york would even try this stuff in 2014.  Beware of these clowns. Shocking they were one of ten spy store featured in timeout magazine in Nov. 2009.  I guess times have changed and now they steal customers money.  I worked all week and these people stole around $200.00 from me.  Never shop at the Spy Shops of New York, Inc. Total crooks. Terrible customer service. Will report to BBB.  People like this should be out of business and in jail!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2014 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spy-Shops-Of-New-York-Inc/New-York-City-New-York-10016/Spy-Shops-Of-New-York-Inc-Spy-Shops-Inc-Spy-Shop-Inc-Spy-Shops-International-spy34-1123628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spy Shops Of New York, Inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Never Happened, Customer is not correct.

AUTHOR: Spy Shops - (USA)

I am the owner of this company and I am looking at the receipt and it states he purchased a USB recorder, The customer bought the better recorder that is VOS and has a 25 Day Standby time. The recorder only comes in 4 gig and has 144 hours record time. The cheaper recorder that we sell for half the price is 8 GIG and records 16 hours straight. I never heard from this cleint about a complaint or I would have resolved it with him. We do have 3 different models one that is 8 gig and records 16 hours straight 129.00, second model 179.00 which is also 8 gig but voice activated battery life 16 hours than a third model which is 4 gig and has a law enforcement mic which is 329.00, this has a standby of 25 days and 144 hours record time. Also the customer never reported this to any agency no BBB or consumer affairs or we would have resolved it.