Complaint Review: Spybot

• Reported By:Watson Saskatchewan
Spybot
www.safer-networking.org Internet U.S.A.

Spybot Took my money 3 times and I still can't register and use it Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: It's Free..

I purchased Spybot with my mastercard but was never able to activate it. Everytime I tried to register I got charged again...a total of 3 times.
Amounts were $20.66, $20.75 and $20.75.
I have since removed it from my computer

Colleen
Watson, Saskatchewan
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2008 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spybot/internet/Spybot-Took-my-money-3-times-and-I-still-cant-register-and-use-it-Internet-329550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spybot

#1 Consumer Suggestion

It's Free..

AUTHOR: Kale - (U.S.A.)

I'm a bit confused. Spybot is a free program, any money you provide is a 'donation'. There is nothing to activate.. Did you download Spybot from http://www.safer-networking.org or a different site? Unfortunately, there are websites out there actually charging for this free program! There are also MANY Rogue Applications that pretend to be a legit software program like Spybot, when in fact, they are 'infections' themselves and cause more damage than good.

You do have recourse:
Contact your bank and issue a Chargeback.
Contact the company that appears on your monthly statement.

"Spybot-S&D has long grown a full-time job for me and causes quite a lot of work for our volunteers. I am working hard and it is great fun to do it. Of course all the infrastructure we use causes costs, and I have got to live on something, but at the same time I believe in free software. Therefore I decided to keep Spybot-S&D free and give you the freedom to decide if and how much it is worth to you.

If you can spare a few bucks, please donate to our cause. This is purely voluntary though - if you do not donate, you will not get less support from us."