Complaint Review: Square Trade Warranty

• Updated: Mon, June 09, 2014

• Reported By: sky — Sacramento California
Square Trade Warranty
Internet USA

Square Trade Warranty Warranty ripoff, Sent me a bad phone and now refuses to warranty the phone. San Francisco California

I purchased my phone and Square Trade warranty though Costco.  Being accident prone I broke four phones in just over a year.  When I broke the fourth phone I was told that my warranty benefits were now all used up.  I understand and was okay with that.

What I am not okay with is that Square Trade sent me a replacement phone that did not have a working camera.  I tried to get it replaced but was told my warranty was out and that I had the phone for more than 30 days and they could not help me any longer.

Why did I have the phone for 30 days before getting it warrantied?  Becasue when I tried to get it warrantied during my vacation I was told they could not find my account info and I would have to call back with my costco membership number to access my account.  When I called back a week after my vacation I was told that I had waited to long............

Square Trade replaces phones only with remanufactured units.  Now they are jerking me around and refusin gto replace the phone.  I have been promised call backs from supervisors multiple times and it never happens.  As I sit here and type I am waiting for a return call I was promised with-in two minutes.  Still waiting.

I will be taking this issue with with Costco Member Services as well as filing a small claims case, if no reason other than to make a point.

I will not be using Square Trade again and will stick with the warranty offered by my celluar company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2014 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Square-Trade-Warranty-/internet/Square-Trade-Warranty-Warranty-ripoff-Sent-me-a-bad-phone-and-now-refuses-to-warranty-th-1153272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Square Trade Warranty