Complaint Review: Square Trade Warranty

• Updated: Thu, December 12, 2013

• Reported By: Vicki — Safety Harbor Florida
Square Trade Warranty
Internet, Select State/Province USA

Square Trade Warranty Square Trade claims my laptop screen was cracked and will not repair unit. This is a lie  Internet

I purchased a Squaretrade warranty for a Samsumg Laptop that cost over $1100 through TigerDirect. After  a year a half, the screen started turning to blue when streaming video then had a 3x4 portion at the top that looked blurry/runny. I filled a claim online and they sent a box and a claim form to ship the item to them. I shipped it and got an email stating it had been received. After almost three weeks I contacted them to see what the status was. I was put on hold while they checked with their repair tech. The guy came back on the line and said I'm sorry we cannot fix your laptop because there is a crack in the screen and you did not buy accidental protection. There was no crack in the screen when I shipped it I explained. Too bad. It's my word against theirs. They will refund the balance of the warranty only.

Bottom line  they will return the item and not repair or replace it. I did not take any pictures before shipping so I cannot prove that the unit was not damaged prior to shipment. Now I read lots online about how they routinely deny claims. What a ripoff. Do not do business with this company. I only wish I had taken to to an authorized repair shop instead of shipping it. Then they would know the screen was not broken. I'm never buying another warranty and am boycotting Tigerdirect for selling these crappy warranties.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2013 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Square-Trade-Warranty/Internet-Select-StateProvince/Square-Trade-Warranty-Square-Trade-claims-my-laptop-screen-was-cracked-and-will-not-repai-1106538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Square Trade Warranty