Complaint Review: Square Trade Warranty

• Updated: Fri, August 14, 2009

• Reported By: DeanMGonzalez — Colorado Springs Colorado USA
Square Trade Warranty
www.squaretrade.com Internet United States of America

Square Trade Warranty Square Trade Warranty You will be promised the world when you sign up for a warranty and delivered nothing when the time comes to use it. This is a total scam. Colorado Springs, Colorado

I has someone spill a drink on my laptop computer about one year ago and lost everything including the hard drive, memory, etc.  The laptop was rendered useless.  I bought a new Dell from Best Buy and immediatly looked into how I could get the laptop covered from future accidents.  I also purchased a Garmin GPS about the same time.  I called Square Trade and explained to the salesperson what had happened and he assured me that both units would be covered under not only under a similar circumstance but also against being dropped, run over, etc.  Four days ago I discovered moister had gotten under the screen of my GPS unit and because it is a touch screen it has rendered it useless.  I immediately called Square Trade andd sure enough the tech stated that my warranty did not cover this type of issue.  He went on to ask me if I had read the warranty and basically insinuated that I was an idiot for not knowing.

The experience has left me feeling as though you cannot trust a persons word anymore.  This company will promise the world to you and deliver on nothing.  I suggest you put the money you would spend on the warranty into a savings account and at least let it earn interest so that you will have SOMETHING if a problem ever arises.  Take my word and don't waist your money with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2009 09:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Square-Trade-Warranty/internet/Square-Trade-Warranty-Square-Trade-Warranty-You-will-be-promised-the-world-when-you-sign-u-480214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Square Trade Warranty